Using "New Book" with FujiFilm x100s

Discussion in 'Coffee with Rico Pfirstinger, Fuji X-Pert' started by RenoFrank, Sep 12, 2013.

1. RenoFrank

RenoFrank New to FujiXspot

Sep 12, 2013
    Sierra Nevada
    I just got a x100s and one posting, on another site, stated your new book, "Mastering the Fujifilm X-E1 and X-Pro1" could be used with the x100s. The post said the information was 70-80% accurate for the x100s. Is that so, and if so, are there any obvious parts I should avoid and what sections are applicable?

Thanks! I am a new member, I looked around for answers to this question and found none. so I thought I'd ask for my self and those other people who are using the x100s.

Franklin

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Since the cameras are very similar, both the old and the new book do indeed work for X100S users. I even know a few X20 users who told me they were successfully reading it. Just read the free samples, then decide. :) 75-80% sounds about right.

3. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Its really too bad that the X100 book hasn't been updated with a new version. I still think that if the author has no interest in the project, then Rico should see if its possible to take it over and publish a new book in his style on the subject of the X100S.

• Like Like x 1
  4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Actually, they recently asked me to assist or take over, but this is also a matter of available time and resources. I like to do things right or not at all. In any case, I have a meeting with my publisher next week (stretching over 2 days), where we will discuss new ideas and projects. Obviously, there's no lack of those, the tricky part is to decide which ones to implement, and when.

• Like Like x 2