On the Dock with my Dad

Djarum

All-Pro
Name
Jason
Just a few fishing pictures when I was in Jacksonville with my father. We went fishing, but they weren't biting. From the pictures, it's easy to see it is definantly an "interesting" spot to go fishing at. At least I had a chance to do some shooting. All shot with the E-PL2.

My father

PB257354.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And since were didn't catch but one small fish in 3 hours, here is some I took for photographic purposes:

PB257351.JPG

PB257357.JPG

As always, criticism is welcome.

I have three thoughts, first: I would recommend some cropping to draw your eye in more, second: on the photo with you father, I think he could use some fill or what I like to do in that sit. is overexpose a little, let the background go and keep the person, third: were you fishing across form a nuclear power plant

Thanks Jason. Yes, can you bring up the shadows by some means? I don't know what software you use...in Lightroom it would be called "fill"... I'd love to be able to see his face more and get a feeling for your father.

So are those cooling towers for a nuclear plant or is that a coal powered plant? That's a rather cool surreal image. And in your third, is it a cormorant?

I'm sure you had a good time even without catching anything. Honestly, that's what a lot of fishing seems to be.;)

Its a coal plant. It was designed so that it could be retrofitted for nuclear. I've actually toured it. They use river water for cooling. Back when it was first built, there weren't any residential areas to miles. Now neighborhoods sit next to it. I'll try and bring the exposure on the first up.

As far as the bird goes, I have no idea. I thought it was sort of an interesting juxtoposition.

On edit, it was a cormorant. I've got a closer picture and that's what it looks like.

Thanks Jason - and if you can bring out your father's face more, I think it would be an even better picture. Definitely see you on the juxtaposition of the cormorant flying across the blue waters...and then all man's "energy" above.

Well, I have yet to see a four eyed fish out of the St. Johns river, LOL.

Here is a better attempt. I could have used fill flash. I forget that my E-PL2 has a flash. My E-P1 doesn't. I forget sometimes. Doh! It's easy to see from the shot that the sun was causing shadows.

PB2573541.JPG

Back