Vintage Lenses and Adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TheGaffer, Feb 14, 2013.

1. TheGaffer

TheGaffer New to FujiXspot

Feb 14, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Have you used an adapter and vintage lens for the x-mount? Do you recommend using it? Will you share the results and what does the camera look like with the lens.

2. AlbertInFrance

AlbertInFrance FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    What do you mean by 'vintage'? The oldest lenses I'm currently using only date from the 70's.

3. aquaCA

aquaCA FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 8, 2013
    CA, USA
    My X-Pro 1 with the biggest zoom I have, Nikkor 70-210 f4 AF (the BeerCan). Impossible to hand hold steadily. :eek:

gallery_3427_138_14581.

4. lainer

lainer FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 14, 2013
    Arizona
    Anyone know about the different converst to use on the X-E1 camera? I want to use Olympus Zuiko lenses, Nikon, Canon and maybe a Leica. Is there a list stating the types of adapters needed for each brand of lens for the Fuji X Series cameras on the web somewhere?

5. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I don't know about a concise listing, but I can tell you for the brands you mentioned you'd need the following:

Olympus Zuiko - OM-mount to X-mount adapter
    Nikon - Nikon F-mount to X-mount adapter
    Canon - either FD-mount to X-mount adapter or EF-mount to X-mount adapter depending on the lens mount (keep in mind EF mount lenses won't have aperture control)
    Leica - either Leica M-mount to X-mount adapter or Leica R-mount to X-mount Adapter depending on the lens mount

As an additional resource, Stephen Gandy at Cameraquest has a page with all the X-mount adapters he sells, although they are all a bit expensive in my book and I'm certain cheaper version could be found on eBay. That said, Stephen runs a reputable shop and the Rayqual brand adapters are high quality. Here is the link http://cameraquest.com/adp_R_FX.htm or here http://checkout.cameraquest.com/fuji-xpro-adapters.htm

6. garylh

garylh FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2013
  7. demiro

demiro FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    PA-USA
    Dean
    I've found that m4/3s, especially with 5-way IBIS and focus-peaking hack on E-M5, works great for MF lenses. NEX has the same reputation. Wondering how folks who have shot MF lenses on one or both of those systems and X-Pro or X-E1 compare the experiences? It seems to me that it less popular with X cams. Maybe that is because the native Fuji glass is so good.

8. lainer

lainer FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 14, 2013
    Arizona
    Thanks for the information.

9. lainer

lainer FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 14, 2013
    Arizona
    Wow. So many. Thanks for the link.