Ricoh GRD bokeh!

Asher, nice photo and good use of DOF.
I'm from Philly, home of old school streetshooters. We don't have nor allow that bokeh stuff here. So I'll just call it as I see it.... Good talented use of DOF.

thanks all! That's my Toyger (yes it is an actual breed, somewhat related to Bengals), Tony, watching... well, who knows what exactly it is that cats watch? Believe me the scene out my front window is nicer out of focus so you only see the nice colours of the cars and not the boring 50's non-architecture around here. I am doing mostly street shooting in BW with the snap focus and, honestly, without extreme close-ups the bokeh effect is pretty much impossible-- if I got that close to someone in the street I would probably be smacked in the kisser!

Asher, nice photo and good use of DOF.
I'm from Philly, home of old school streetshooters. We don't have nor allow that bokeh stuff here. So I'll just call it as I see it.... Good talented use of DOF.

BTW I love Philly-- lived there back in the 80's and still have friends there-- and I know it must be great for street shooting

Back