Hello from Vancouver BC

adanac

Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm a X100 shooter but come from a mostly film background (a Contax 139 feels "compact" to this medium format film shooter). My mostly positive experience with the X100 has led me to reconsider gear in a big way - I'm a "serious" compact conversion case study. Maybe years of lugging around a Lowepro backpack and tripod with a combined check in weight of more than 20 pounds (before food and other, um, essentials) has converted me too. Actually... I still love film, but despite being in the technology business, I've never really enjoyed scanning film.

At the moment I'm exploring the NEX (7) as a good versatile platform for all sorts of things. Complement to or replacement of the X100? Still to be determined.

Cheers to all,

Mike

Welcome aboard Mike! The X100 has some serious "it" in it, IMO. Whenever it nails the focus, which can be finicky sometimes for me, the photos have a special look.

Great photo on the "everything other than ..." thread!

Mike, let me add my own welcome here! I'm very glad you've found your way here and appreciate your jumping right in with that superb photograph that Armando just referred to and introducing yourself here, as well. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you!

Thanks folks, very glad to be here, for the long run. I'm completely enamoured of the 'serious compact' style of camera... it's what I've been waiting for since 35mm film became less practical for me. The X100 has been a very enjoyable baptism!

Back