Well, I DId It - X100T

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Biro, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I finally pulled the trigger on a pre-order (via Amin's Amazon link) for the X100T. And it's been a long time coming as I've wanted one of the X100's from the very start. I was waiting to handle it in person but I've played with both the X100 and X100s before, so who was I kidding? I was also thinking about going for the X100s for $200 less. But I finally admited to myself that I do want the new upgrades. I'm hoping autofocus is improved as well but I can live with it as-is.

For a while, I was wrestling with the option of going for the LX100. But, in the period since Photokina, I decided that while I really like the LX100, I'm prepared to wait it out, read all of the finalized reviews and (most importantly) see if the price drops in 9-12 months. As I wrote, i've longed for one of the X100's since the beginning but usually didn't have money for one or allowed the experience of others to cause me to hold off on purchasing.

I figure if I don't get one of the X100's at this point, then it'll never happen. And that would be a shame. I consider this an early Christmas present - or maybe not even early. The camera isn't due for release until mid-November. Amazon indicates November 30 for availability. And I'm sure I'm way down on the list of pre-orders. I figure I'll be lucky to have it by Christmas. :p. I'm sure if I pre-ordered an LX100 at this point, I might get one one around the third shipment or so - maybe in early 2015. So I'm going with the camera I know I want. I've got other cameras to do whatever the X100T can't.

• Like Like x 6
  2. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Well this is good news. As I warm up to the x-trans sensor, I find myself wishing I could miracle a "T" onto the end of my X100.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rpavich

rpavich FujiXspot Rookie

Jul 10, 2013
    Good for you!

FYI: Adorama lists "early November" and some smaller photo places say "November 5th release date"

We can only hope. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Enjoy your fancy new 100. I still love my original 100....I can only imagine how awesome your new one will be

• Like Like x 1
  5. Burkey

Burkey FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Northern New England
    David
    Steve - very cool indeed. Congratulations. I was never a big fan of my X100 but the X100s I'm now shooting with has become a very important image making tool for me. I imagine the X100T will work wonderfully for you.
    By the way, I have a Gariz half case, (the black metal version), en-route for my X100s. I've never been able to get the weird smell off from the JB Design plastic grip I had been using for the past three or four months even thgouh it worked quite well.
    Anyway, enjoy your camera when i arrives. I look forward to seeing some of the images you make with it.
    . . . David

• Like Like x 1
  6. theyog

theyog FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 11, 2014
    Congratulations, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

After using the WiFi on my XT1 to send photos to my phone or to my SP1 printer, I can't imagine not having the convenience of it anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I'm almost sad that can't shoot with the X100T this weekend, because I have to preview the 50-140mm on my X-T1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    My late congrats to you, Steve! I'm so behind the eight ball, that I have to go read up on the X100T. Like you Luke, I still have my X100. Now I just need to get out and use it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Nice, gratz Steve

• Like Like x 1
  10. rpavich

rpavich FujiXspot Rookie

Jul 10, 2013

I can't wait!

I just bought the Instax SP-1 yesterday in anticipation of the X100T shipping very soon. I'm tooled up and ready to go already!

11. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I think my wife likes the wifi functionality even more than I do. She's always wanting to post a picture to instagram Right Then And There, and once I got the XT1 (vs the X100), it was immediately put to use. I don't think she cares to shakes if a shot comes from the iphone or a "good" camera for that purpose, either, so really the wifi is the only thing allowing me an excuse NOT to have to use a phone for such stuff.

12. Biro

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Amazon just e-mailed me to say they estimate the X100T should arrive on Monday, Nov. 17. I post this to give hope to others who have ordered the camera. Personally, I'll be handing the unopened box to my wife and telling her to give it to me on Christmas. :)

13. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    That's really good self control.
    I would probably give my wife the empty box to put under the tree.
    Congrats on the new camera!

• Like Like x 1
  14. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Zero point zero chance I wouldn't tear into that box in seconds.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Biro

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I'm going to call Amazon after it arrives to tell them I won't be opening the box until Christmas. Maybe they'll spot me some time on the 30-day "no questions asked" return policy in case there is an issue with the camera (not that I expect one).

16. incitatus

incitatus New to FujiXspot

Jan 29, 2014
    Congratulations. I am anxiously awaiting such an email from the Fnac... And I would not have the incredible restraint that you have. I am dying to go out and shoot with it!

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot

17. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    You may want to check when Amazon's holiday return policy starts as it gets earlier and earlier each year. They typically extend the return period through mid to late January for any items purchased during the period.

• Like Like x 2
  18. aslondon

aslondon FujiXspot Rookie

Nov 16, 2014
    Monticello, Florida
    Al London
    Congrats. I think I know how you feel. I just got ugraded to a used X100s and I am so excited I can't see straight. This is the first camera that takes me back to my Leica days!

Al

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    Congrats! You'll love the camera. There is something very majestic and magical about the X100 series.
    On a street in NYC I took a shot of the street and half the photo had an entrance to a parking garage, Though the lighting on the afternoon street and the lamination of the parking garage had different white balances and tonal value, it seemed to capture correct lighting for both areas of the frame. They capture light that they have no business doing. It is quite a special camera!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Biro

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    FYI to all who may be interested... I just completed a chat with Amazon.com and they tell me that the holiday return period DOES apply to my X100T, which I won't open until Christmas. I have until Saturday, January 31 to return it, if necessary. Good stuff.

• Like Like x 3