What does a well used XT-1 look like?

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by kivis, Dec 10, 2015.

1. kivis

kivis FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 10, 2015
    South South Florida
    Kivis Shorter
    Anybody have significant mileage on an XT-1. Love to see how they wear.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Interesting question. Having recently bought a second hand one, I came across a few that hadn't worn well, but they may not have been representative of the norm.

3. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Mine is one of the first into the UK and looks as good as the day I bought it. I am not harsh on my equipment; I use it but I don't bash it around, nor do I mollycoddle it either. I would expect "chrome" models to wear more obviously than black, but to be fair I don't see Fuji falling into the trap like other manufacturers of deliberately producing cameras that wear quickly to achieve that brassed, "elegantly wasted" look so beloved of fondlers and collectors.

4. kivis

kivis FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 10, 2015
    South South Florida
    Kivis Shorter
    More concerned with them looking crappy from paint chipping.

5. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I've honestly not seen one like that. There are plenty of Fujis in secondhand dealer windows now and there are none of any shape that look really chewed.

6. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Mine's got a bazillion miles on it... hold on, I'll try to take some cell phone pics that aren't worthless. But to sum up:

1. The rubber on the right side grip loosens and stretches slightly. It's happening to most of these that get handled a LOT for 2+ years. It doesn't come fully off, just has a looser feeling to it, still grippy. Annoying, not a deal breaker.
    2. Slight paint brassing at some joints and corners, but very minimal considering the hours it's got.
    3. Three screws appear to not be in the bottom plate. I'm on the fence as to whether they were ever there in the first place. I certainly never felt them coming loose... and nothing moves around, she just keeps truckin'.

I asked Cameraleather.com about replacement grips, but the hump shape can't be covered by flat sheet stock. :( So I just carry on. For a first generation iteration of a camera, they turned out an amazing workhorse, for the most part. Stupid side door is a bad fit, but it doesn't cause any actual problems for me.

7. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
  8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Great post, Kyle! :2thumbs:

9. KillRamsey