What most irritates you about your X10?

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by ChrisR, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR New to FujiXspot

Feb 1, 2013
    The X20 is not yet finalised, so there's still time for those Fuji engineers to tweak a few details. So what really irritates you about your X10 that they might fix?

Two things for me: first, the battery life, which I guess IS already fixed. Second, the weird matrix of things you can/cannot do in various modes, and the strange exposure/aperture restrictions, again differing in various modes. I'm sure I'll think of more!

(Of course, the annoying lack of ANY information in that wonderful OVF, so useful in bright sunlight conditions, WILL get fixed!)

2. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

It's pretty minor but the short battery life is disappointing. Then again, it's a pretty small battery, so have 3 batteries...it's not the worst thing in the world.

3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    The high shutter speed restrictions at open apertures, when you need them most to defocus the background. It may be in inevitable restrictions of the in-lens leaf shutter, but not at least having a software neutral density option is, I think, an important oversight.

4. WT21

WT21 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    The reason I returned the X10 was because of that "weird matrix"

I like the tech in the X20. I hope some of that is cleaned up.

5. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    The fact that my X10 is in a state of permanent loan to my dad.

But which gives me an excuse to get the X20!

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hahahaha!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snix

Snix FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 1, 2013
    Australia
    Unless I've missed something, I'd like to be able use the exposure compensation in EXR mode... I know it is an auto mode, but still!

8. franxblank

franxblank New to FujiXspot

Feb 2, 2013
    AF in low light and battery life

9. the sardonic iconic

the sardonic iconic FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    NYC
    Having to use 6mp for maximum DR, the moody AF, info-less OVF, battery life, and (for my purpsoes) unusable ISO400+ performance. Basically everything they're fixing in the X20, haha!

My ONLY concern is that it seems like the info overlay on the OVF won't adjust for parallax error.

10. Jules

Jules FujiXspot Rookie

I don't mind the battery life so much as the battery life indicator. One minute everything is fine, then you're down to 2/3 and almost immediately you have the flashing red warning light signalling your battery's imminent death. A little more warning between the 2/3 and red death stage would be nice!

11. porchard

porchard FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Devon, UK
    So true! This problem was an irritation on my X10 (now sold), and it is likewise on my X100.

However, my biggest gripe with the X10 was inaccurate AF - and NOT just in low light. I could - perhaps - have put up with this if the MF adjustment (using the wheel) hadn't been so laborious, but the combination of unreliable AF, and cumbersome MF was too much. I persevered with it for a few months, and during that time, when it was good, it was very good, but sadly, there were far too many missed-focus results. Eventually, I lost patience with the focus problems and sold it - despite that fact I really wanted to like it. Had there been no focus problems, I would still own it.

I'm currently trying to persuade myself that I have no interest in the X20;). Of course, if the X10's AF (and MF) problems turn out to be resolved to my liking on the X20, then I can quite possibly see one arriving before too long...