Where can I buy the new X100s leather case?

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Mainetraveler, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mainetraveler

Mainetraveler New to FujiXspot

Feb 1, 2013
    Maine, USA
    While waiting for my X100s to ship I am trying to find a place to order the Fuji leather case. I see lots of the X100 version for sale, but I can't seem to find the new X100s version with the bottom trap door (for easy battery and card changing). Anyone know where I can order one?

2. Greyelm

Greyelm FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
  3. Mainetraveler

Mainetraveler New to FujiXspot

Feb 1, 2013
    Maine, USA
    Thanks. I'll check Fuji USA from time to time.

4. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    Does Luigi from Italy (leicatime.com) make cases for Fuji? If so, you're in for a treat.

5. Frenchman

Frenchman FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    He does, and they seem like a treat, albeit a very expensive one at ~$400 or 1/3 of the price of the camera (though he has a cheaper machine stitched model).

I like his tripod screw insert, but wish it were centered. He probably put it where he is because of his "Made in Italy" stamp, but for anyone who wants a lightweight setup (I use an Ultrapod 1) I don't see this working well as the balance will be off.

6. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    It's pricey, but if its at the same quality as what he produces for Leica than it'll last the lifespan of this camera. Since his cases are hand made, you can ask him to not put the stamp and center the tripod screw (which is where it belongs). In any case, thought I 'd mention it and add it to the knowledge pool here.

7. Frenchman

Frenchman FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    I'm pretty sure his cases will outlast the cameras :)