Ricoh GXR module use debate

Landshark

PhotoDog
Name
Bob
Debating between getting the 28 module by itself or buying it with another body unit.
The question is how well are the module/ bodies holding up if you change them often or is just better and easier to buy a second body unit

I had the GXR with the modules for 2 years now and there is no problem at all with swapping the modules.
I would see if Ricoh releases a new body and then get this rather than buying the same body twice.

I am using the 28mm the majority of the time, but usually also have the 50 in my bag. It is quick enough to change modules that I don't feel the need for a second body. Maybe if I was using the modules equally I would think differently.

If they release a new GXR body at some point, I would consider buying and then keeping my current body as a backup.

I have 2 bodies. For event, parades etc, I like to just switch cameras and not lensors. For $349.99 for a body, it's a no brainer. When the new greatly improved super duper GXR comes out...then I'll have 3 bodies.

I prefer having two bodies, but now I have 3 units so I end up switching. Easy enough. When I go out to take pictures I choose which cameras to use ahead of time and don't switch midstream, so to speak.

Back