Nature Show Landscape

Lovely panoramic shot of those roof tops and the view across the village, Bill.

Ray, did you have to post that one? Must ask - out of the camera Canon colors, right? JPEG or RAW? Sorry, I'm particularly obsessed for the next two days or so.;) It's beautiful and I like the intensity you've given this one.

There are some really good S90/S95 shots around = selling the camera (to me) as I liked the concept and user interface from the start

Same goes for the LX

I have always been tempted by the LX3 ......... now LX5 - but always may feel I have cheated myself and not bought the Leica equivalent, (and wasted a few hundred dollars - as some would say)

Cameras have really become "horses for courses" in our multi choice, western materialistic world - (interesting that most of the choices are made in "the East")

Ray, did you have to post that one? Must ask - out of the camera Canon colors, right? JPEG or RAW? Sorry, I'm particularly obsessed for the next two days or so.;) It's beautiful and I like the intensity you've given this one.
It was RAW, but just the default processing settings, which I assume Canon works on with Apple. So I assume its fairly close to jpeg, but I don't know for sure. Actually S90 shots tend to be over-saturated generally in bright light - this one I actually backed off the greens and yellows a bit - it was pretty psychedelic initially.

This is not a shot that the S90 holds any particular advantage on - in fact either the LX 5 or Samsung might be better for the ability to go a bit wider. But this one fits so easily in my bike jersey pocket and that's when I generally get to places like this.

-Ray

I'm not much into landscapes but yesterday we just happened to be in Kvareli, about two hours outside Tbilisi, for a wine tasting tour. This was taken at the nearby Kvareli lake.

5110204056_ef21c7bc64_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LX3 ISO80 f4 1/250 5.1mm

Looks like a beautiful place Bill. Shame about all those electricity cables - what were they thinking. I remember giving up shooting in Augsburg because it was nearly impossible to get shots in parts of the old city because of the power lines for the trams.

Back