Wildflowers? In December?

Discussion in 'Nature' started by TonyTurley, Dec 6, 2016.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot All-Pro

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    I'm always curious about flora I see along the road, and when my wife and I stopped for a mid-day meal today, I scoped out the vegetation growing along the edge of the parking lot. Lots of invasive Amur Honeysuckle, and a couple of surprises. Didn't expect to find wildflowers in early December. Herbaceous plants are not my strong suite, but I still find them fascinating. The red fruit are from the honeysuckles. X30 on a rainy afternoon.

DSCF4571-1.JPG
    DSCF4573-1.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    Nice shots! I have actually seen some flowers myself, as well as insects! I think they are a bit confused since it is warmer than normal. Or at least has been, we are getting snow this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot All-Pro

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    The Polar Vortex is definitely being felt in my neck of the woods. Supposed to be very cold tonight. If I didn't have an important errand to run in the morning, I'd be out in the woods on my bicycle. I love being in the woods in the winter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    Yeah we are getting a storm tonight and we will be getting snow on and off for a few days. It will only be in the teens during the week. I guess this is when all the plants go in to hiding. I will have to try to get pictures of the storm if I am up. They always look beautiful here because my back yard is loaded with pine trees.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1