Fuji Fuji X200 and X300

I saw that on another forum. Lets get the X-100 out there and de-bugged first! I can't imagine how they pull off this hybrid viewfinder thing with interchangeable lenses. I guess they can just change the frame size in the OVF along with the focal length, but then the discrepancy between the OVF and the EVF at longer focal lengths could get really unmanageable and difficult to work with. Time will tell...

-Ray

I can't imagine how they pull off this hybrid viewfinder thing with interchangeable lenses. I guess they can just change the frame size in the OVF along with the focal length...

That's worked for traditional rangefinders for over half a century, so there's no reason it couldn't work now.

However, maybe a better solution (though slightly bulkier) is that adopted by Contax for their G1 and G2 rangefinders, that featured a zooming viewfinder that adapted to the FoV of the lens mounted on the camera. If anyone is familiar with the optical VF of the Canon G12 (and its predecessors), it's the same principle, only much better implemented (you don't feel like you're looking through a keyhole when using the Contax G1 or G2, unlike the Canon G12's OVF, which does look like a keyhole).

Info on the Contax G system.

Back