Micro 4/3 Showcase Panasonic Lumix 45mm F2.8 Lens Thread

Karen - a good decision to get the PL 45 - the ZD 50 is too compromised on MFT.

5080414045_ef2eba3a84_b.jpg

5080413659_3b513fd1d3_b.jpg

Wow, great portrait, love the pose :) She's growing up beautifully and losing her baby face a little now. Can you tell me how good the autofocus is on this lens please Karen?
Christilou..the auto focus works well...fast for the most part. It seems to search a tad when getting close up..like for a macro shot or something close in, but just a tad before it locks and is ready to shoot. I have not had any lag in focusing from say about a foot away..then lens is fast. I like the lens..it is a great asset to my gear and right now is staying on my camera has I use it as my new "toy" ..getting use to it and trying out different things and subjects. Nice lens!

Out and about in Kingsbridge

All taken with this lens mounted on Panasonic G1

1000451_b_w.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

45mm, f/2.8 Leica DG Macro-Elmarit @ f/9, iso 200, 1/320 sec

1000456_B_W.jpg

45mm, f/2.8 Leica DG Macro-Elmarit @ f/5.6, iso 200, 1/800 sec

1000459.jpg

45mm, f/2.8 Leica DG Macro-Elmarit @ f/5.6, iso 200, 1/320 sec

Barrie

did you apply post process to these photos? the color is really beautiful.

The original file was a raw file, so I find that some increase in both contrast and saturation is usually needed, otherwise they are a little flat. I also applied a small amount of "fill light", in other words the shadow values were raised slightly. All this in Bibble 5 pro. I try and keep the post processing to a minimum with natural history type shots and I feel that the colours here reflect the reality that I saw on the day.
Here is the image without post processing

1000459_1.jpg

Here is the post processed image

1000459.jpg

Subtle changes in my opinion, I hope you agree.

Barrie

Hello Karen,

I am new to the Micro four thirds system and I Just bought the 45mm f2.8 lens, I wanted to ask you about an issue that I have been having. Some photos that i have been taking have come out to be much narrower than normal and some photos cover the full screen. Is there any way that I can control this? Settings on the lens are on full and AF is on. I am sure its just something that I need to get used to. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Sanju
Manila, Philippines

Hello Karen,

I am new to the Micro four thirds system and I Just bought the 45mm f2.8 lens, I wanted to ask you about an issue that I have been having. Some photos that i have been taking have come out to be much narrower than normal and some photos cover the full screen. Is there any way that I can control this? Settings on the lens are on full and AF is on. I am sure its just something that I need to get used to. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Sanju
Manila, Philippines

Sanju, you might find this other thread helpful: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f2/leica-45mm-macro-elmarit-661/ as it's more of a review with some questions and answers... If you don't find the answer to your questions there, please consider starting a brand new thread here in the Micro Four Thirds forum. Sometimes questions can get lost amidst the images in the threads.

I'm glad you found your way here to Serious Compacts and hope that you'll stop by our Welcomes and Introductions forum when you have a bit more time.

Back