X-e1 hdr?

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Chuck, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Chuck

Chuck FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Is anyone using their X-E1 for HDR work? I'm considering it for my next camera, but haven't seen much HDR work done with them. I would like to have more range than is available with it's bracketing feature, without touching it to change the exposure compensation. I have checked out the Trigger Trap, and it seems it may work. But haven't heard of anyone using it for HDR on the X-E1 to know for sure. Also most HDR guys recommend using RAW files, which adds another problem with much of the software out there. So anyone out there doing HDR with a X-E1 please let me know what is working well for you, and drop some pics, or links to your work here. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks, Chuck.

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Unfortunately, I am no expert for HDR, so I only shot 2 quick HDR samples for my book, merely serving as "proofs of concept".

This one was using 7 shots with different exposure (I simply merged the OOC JPEGs):

7003074417_dd5dc0aa8c_c.
    DSCF1271_HDR by ricopress, on Flickr

And this one was taken from a single RAW, 3 JPEGs generated with ISO BKT:

6864669892_3592988aa2_c.
    DSCF2186_7_8_tonemapped by ricopress, on Flickr

I am sure more capable HDR folks will chime in, but at least I could demonstrate that HDR is possible, just like with any camera that offers manual control over exposure.

3. Chuck

Chuck FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Nice shots. Especially like the first one. Thanks, Chuck.