X-E1 Wedding

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by OdzBodkinz, Aug 4, 2013.

1. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    I used my X-E1 to back up my D700 for a wedding this weekend. I kept the 35mm 1.4 on it, and I was not disappointed in the least. The newest firmware gave me great confidence and I only was plagued with a red AF box one or two times. I used this setup for detail shots mostly. I did sneak it in for a few portraits though. Overall, I was very happy. The ability to judge real time exposure was helpful and I can easily see myself using two of these for a wedding if I ever sold my D700. I think that once the 56 1.2 arrives, I might actually abandon the Nikon Ship altogether.

i-zRCMhHd-X2.

i-7KppC3T-X2.

i-Qcxr28g-X2.

i-GCvGqdJ-X2.

i-WN3xbnN-X2.

i-8m9GWvz-X2.

i-SzdvDpC-X2.

2. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Nice set of images, I particularly like the bouquet shots :thumbup:

Even after only shooting a couple events with it since the update, I have to agree on the new firmware instilling a lot more confidence in the AF department.

3. taz98spin

taz98spin FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    TAZ
    Now I really need to get around updating the firmware!

Great job with the photos!! :D

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Glad to hear and see that the camera worked so well for you, Odz - and I've no doubt that the happy couple will be thrilled with your photographs.:cloud-9-039:

5. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Looks like the Fuji delivered when it was called upon.

Gary

6. cprimages

cprimages New to FujiXspot

Jul 13, 2013
    I was shooting in a church on Saturday and realised my Nikon d700 and 800 were clicking far too loud. Switched to xpro1 and xe1 and was delighted with results. Nikon kit being mothballed and maybe sold.

7. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Yes! I stumbled upon the same thing. I had forgotten how loud the D700 was. The XE1 is pretty soft.