X-E1 with M39 adapter and the Jupiter-8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by henkeers, Jul 3, 2013.

1. henkeers

henkeers FujiXspot Rookie

May 28, 2013
    I received this lens (Jupiter-8 50mm f/2) yesterday and I'm going to test and use it further on. I'm gonna test it in my "122 days with the Fujifilm X-E1" review. Check out http://hersgardphotography.wordpress.com if you're intrested on how it preforms!

• Like Like x 1
  2. henkeers

May 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stratokaster

stratokaster FujiXspot Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    This is a very interesting lens — a slower Soviet version of classical Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5 (which was produced in the Soviet Union as Jupiter-3). It's not very sharp wide open and flares easily because of primitive coatings, but it has its own unique character and extremely pleasing bokeh.

4. porchard

porchard FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Devon, UK
    Thanks - this is very useful for me, since, if I eventually decide to get an x-E1, this is a combination that I would use. I have a Jupiter-8 (black version), and some other m39-mount lenses that I'd also like to try.

From reading your "122 days with the Fujifilm X-E1", it certainly looks as though you're enjoying the x-E1.:D

5. henkeers

May 28, 2013
    That's great, porchard! Which other M39 lenses do you got?
    Yes, I love the X-E1! I have used a Canon 7D, Nikon D300, Fuji X100 and Sony NEX-6, but I have not been this satisfied about the quality you get from a camera. The Fuji-sensor is one of a kind. I don't know what you shoot but my advice is to also get the 35mm f/1.4. It's a beaty! Hey, let me know if you want me to try out something, maybe with the Jupiter-8 mounted, or anything that you are wondering about with the X-E1! Keep me updated!
    /H

6. porchard

porchard FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Devon, UK
    Thanks henkeers. Aside from the J-8, I've got an I-61 and a Canon... and maybe even some others if I look deep into every cupboard and drawer...!;)

For some time now, I've been considering the x-E1 vs. the NEX-6, and can't come to a decision. There are pros and cons in each of these, for me. I would almost like to combine these two cameras into one, for the ideal camera.:) In some ways, the x-E1 makes less sense for me, as I already have an x100, so the Sony would provide a different "flavour".

How would you rate the NEX-6 against the x-E1 (the good and the bad)?