X-E2 in hand -- great improvement

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by entropic remnants, Dec 6, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    Well, I sold down my kit to get an X-E2. I would really like an X body with some better AF, but the EVF refresh improvements and the +/- 3 EV compensation are just as welcome. When I shoot in the clubs sometimes, and even some of the steel mill stuff I used to do, the slow EVF and inability to compensate more the 2 EV was an occasional annoyance and sometimes caused shots to be missed.

I have to say, the X-E2 is much more refined, while still being totally familiar. Bravo Fuji, but more importantly, THANKS!

Looking forward to some real shooting time with it. My pictures will look the same, I know how to get them with this camera -- it's just going to be easier and that's a very, very good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Congratulations, John. I'll be very interested in hearing how the X-E2 does going forward. Don't forget to update your signature.

• Like Like x 1
  3. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    DOH! Thanks about the signature. I just had my first outing with it today -- I found an abandoned bank in a small town in south Jersey and went in with the X-E2 hand held with the 18mm f//2. They're importing now -- nothing too special though I don't think but most of them are at very high ISO.

Also another building that was tightly closed but I got the outside of it -- cool old store of some kind. You never know what you'll find if you wander around out of the way places.

• Like Like x 1
  4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    • Like Like x 2
  5. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    I agree. I was shooting an unexpected find today (an abandoned bank) handheld in lower light and it performed beautifully including focusing better than the X-E1 did in those circumstances. Not sure if better contrast AF is part of the bargain or if I'm just imagining it -- but this camera just seems to do better than my X-E1 did.