X-Pro1 Exposure Compensation Dial

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by lhuhn, Jul 29, 2014.

1. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    I am very happy with my X-Pro1 except for the poorly designed exposure compensation dial that gets bumped all the time and inadvertently causes under or over exposures. Anyone found a good solution to the problem?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Bumped by your thumb? or by other external factors? I'd be worried if it's by other external factors as a bump significant enough to change your exp comp dial on a regular basis may cause damage to your camera in the long run.

I never really had any troubles with the exp comp dial. My thumb usually rests at the left edge of the hump where the Q and AE-L button is located when I hold the camera with the handgrip accessory. Perhaps you can try using a thumbs up accessory, to prevent accidentally bumping the exp comp dial.

3. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    I think it is happening when I get the camera in and out of the bag. I am pretty gentle with my gear so it isn't from rough handling. A "Thumbs Up" may be worth a try. Thanks

4. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    I always do a quick check in the viewfinder, sometimes i forget and quickly reshoot...thankfully most were static :)

5. Billdad

Billdad FujiXspot Rookie

Jul 15, 2014
    Scotland
    Bill Logan
    Found this happening on a few occasions at the weekend where i was taking the lens in and out of my coat pocket,

6. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Always check the viewfinder display before metering and shooting.

I asked Fuji for a clearer indication whether exp. comp. is active or not, and luckily, this was implemented in more recent models.