X-Pro1 Repair Fairytale

Discussion in 'Fuji X Series News and Rumors' started by Fiddlergene, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Fiddlergene

Fiddlergene FujiXspot Regular

Feb 17, 2013
    Granted that being semi-retired I'm blessed with an abundance of time, and granted that I'm lucky to be conveniently located less than 1/2 hour drive from a major Fuji facility, and granted I'm lucky to be able to call the Fuji regional sales rep an acquaintance. Recently the little bracket in the hot shoe into which the flash foot (and/ or a thumb grip) slides broke off of the camera top. I don't do much flash photography, but I have become accustomed to having a thumb grip on the camera. I saw the sales rep at a regional camera expo and he said it absolutely should not have happened. Told me to take the camera into the Fuji shop and ask them to fix it. I drove it in on Monday afternoon. Politely (as in no hissy fit self righteous rage about what an important pro photographer I am) asked them to get it back to me as soon as possible. The repair rep said it could take up to a week, so I smiled charmingly and asked her to do the best she could.

On Tuesday, less than 24 hours later, I got a call to inform me that the camera was ready. I drove back to pick up the camera - brand-spanking-new top, no charge. Am I happy? YBYSAIM!

• Like Like x 2