x-pro2 autofocus / burst mode clarification

Discussion in 'Coffee with Rico Pfirstinger, Fuji X-Pert' started by KeithN, Jan 17, 2016.

1. KeithN

KeithN New to FujiXspot

Jan 17, 2016
    Keith
    Hi Rico,

In your x-pro2 review you mentioned:

"As far as autofocus performance is concerned, the expansion of the PDAF area certainly helps tracking moving subjects across the frame. About 40% of the sensor area (a large square in the middle) is now equipped with fast PDAF pixels that allow predictive AF tracking with up to 8 fps. Sadly, the live view only supports slower burst rates of 3 fps, so while the camera my very well track a moving subject at 8 fps, the photographer often cannot (unless he’s looking through the OVF)."

By saying live view do you just mean the screen on the back or do you mean even the electronic viewfinder?

I'm not only a sports shooter, but I would hope to be able to use this to shoot surfing action with the 100-400mm lens at 8fps. Obviously I would need to use the electronic viewfinder rather than the optical viewfinder with that lens. In your review did you mean that that is not possible?

Thanks for your help

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I'm interested in this answer too. The sole reason I have the X-T1 is cricket, rugby, motorsports and air shows (well that's four reasons, but you know what I mean...) The 100-400 is a big draw, for the same reason.

3. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Live view in burst mode works with 3 fps or the OVF.

4. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
  5. sabin

sabin FujiXspot Regular

Aug 13, 2014
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Bulgaria
    Sabin Kolarov
    Oly offers gun red dot type sight to put on the flash mount. It is interesting if we can use it on fuji...