X-T1 Firmware V4.0 now available

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Lightmancer, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog FujiXspot Rookie

May 8, 2015
    Cambridge UK
    Keith
    Installed FW V4. I am impressed.

2. metalmania

metalmania FujiXspot Regular

Feb 15, 2015
    USA
    Patiently waiting for the X-E2 firmware.

3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Will d/l it to my camera card now, but camera is at home.

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
  5. Odille

Odille FujiXspot Rookie

Jun 16, 2015
    Glenorchy, Tas, Australia
    Odille
    Where do the changes show up in the menus? Is there somewhere on the Fuji site that shows the menus on the back of the camera and how to select the various new options?

6. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Most of them are under the autofocus menu. There are some nice display touches such as how over- or under exposure comp is shown. I haven't had a chance to test performance yet.

7. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Downloaded and installed. No testing yet. Man am I excited. Thank you in advance, Fuji.

signed,

Happy repeat buyer.

8. Semion

Semion FujiXspot Regular

Aug 11, 2014
    With F/W 4.0 I stiil cannot turn shutter sound completely off. Any idea beside switching to the ES mode?

9. Semion

Semion FujiXspot Regular

Aug 11, 2014
    Upgraded with 4.0. No AF speed change with 27mm pancake:(

10. Davoe

Davoe FujiXspot Regular

Feb 14, 2014
    NorCal
    Is there an updated manual that incorporate all the changes? The "new features guide" refers to non existing page numbers in the old manual.

11. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    The improvement seems to be in low light. Have you tried that yet? I noticed a good bump on the 18-55 in my dark living room last night. I've got the 27, I'll see if it feels different tonight.

12. Semion

Semion FujiXspot Regular

Aug 11, 2014
    Yes, I've tried in a dim light: no visible change in a "single point" AF of 27mm. BTW, I have followed all the recommended pre-req's...

13. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I took the camera out yesterday on the way home from work, put the XC 50-230 on it, and camped out next to one of the bike lanes in Harvard Square to try out the tracking focusing. It wasn't a good experience. I put the camera into Wide / Tracking, put the front focusing dial into AFC, and aimed at bikes coming towards me a block away.

18706606413_a2d1928073_c. KBRX6444 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

About half the time, the first shot was fine, but in all 5 runs I did, the camera lost the bike very quickly and stayed focused back near the starting point. I saw the little boxes appearing and squiggling around, but they weren't really grouped tightly around the actual moving subject. And there were moving cars behind the bikes, which makes me think that was the issue...

19327218555_0dbf3c7652_c. KBRX6472 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

In frustration, I put it back into AFS and Single Point, moved the point over a click, and did the "full press" trick, and was easily (EASILY) able to nit pick out perfectly focused shots of a moving object narrowly visible between closer objects...

19301137956_631f312ea5_c. KBRX6500 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

So I have some homework to do before I figure out how this feature will help me.

14. Davoe

Davoe FujiXspot Regular

Feb 14, 2014
    NorCal
    I believe the wide/tracking is best used when a subject moves across the frame. With riders coming toward you, try zone focus with af-c and one of the multi shot settings.

15. Jeffryscott

Jeffryscott FujiXspot Rookie

Sep 22, 2013
    Arizona
    Face and eye tracking need to be off, and it can only be in mechanical shutter. It works pretty well, you just have make sure to set the camera right, so not as seamless as it should be, but a vast improvement.

16. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Makes sense. And it was in Continuous High, I should've specified that. So the Wide / Tracking is expecting movement laterally across the frame?

17. don_h

don_h FujiXspot Rookie

Jan 27, 2014
    I believe the shutter sound NEVER disappears. It's the sound of the physical shutter. If only it were like the X100T.

18. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Correct. The T uses a focal plane shutter, and the 100 series uses a leaf shutter (the aperture blades).

19. Semion

Semion FujiXspot Regular

Aug 11, 2014
    in this case, why there are 3 available shutter sounds at the menu?