X-T1 GS gone

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Mike G, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Mike G

Mike G FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Well another bridge burnt as I have PXed my lovely Graphite Silver X-T1 with WEX, who gave me what I thought was a fair trade in price, 54.4% and so when they receive stocks an FX 16mm f1.4 will be trundling along the byways and highways to me.

Without wishing to teach Grannies how to suck eggs, WEX Photographic are a very reliable and honest company to deal with and are thoroughly recommended to our European friends wishing to make a purchase. I just wish I had a load of shares in the company!

My plan is to finally end up a prime lens library of 16, 23, 56 and eventually the newly announced 80 mm macro, hopefully one day Fuji(please take note) a 200mm f2 light weight and small lens please!

Zoom wise 10-24, 18-55, 18-135 and 50-140 so I reckon I'm covered on that front.

The items in red are yet to come!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Safari

Safari FujiXspot Regular

Dec 26, 2015
    Wow! That is a VERY fair trade-in compared with anything I've seen in Canada. If WEX plans on opening a Toronto location....

3. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Since I posted that I've found out that WEX only operate in the U.K. But they are a super company to deal with!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    The fuji 16mm is one of the best all around lenses I have ever worked with. At the wedding I shot last night, when the lighting conditions became dim where the 35mm f2 and 90mm f2 would hunt for focus, often never locking in. The 16mm would lock focus nearly instantaneously every time.

5. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Bobby, I've never worked with a 16mm(24mm) lens in the past, so I'm looking forward to getting it. Should be tomorrow. :yahoo:

6. BobbyT

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    I've shot several 24mm lenses, the Fuji 16mm is by far my favorite 24mm FOV lens. It is fantastic optically, macro close AF, and weather sealed. On top of the amazing AF.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I'd absolutely love to have the 16. I almost bought it, but I gave the rokinon 12 f2 a shot, and I love it. It was so, so cheap. Having said that. the AF and extra stop would be wonderful to have, and I strongly suspect I'd do a lot of walking around with the 16 on, or in the bag. That + the 35 1.4 and I could happily go on most vacations...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stephen S

Stephen S FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    East Bay, Northern California
    Stephen Scharf
    Hi Mike,
    I'm also hoping that Fuji will make a 200mm f/2, but it's not going to be small or light. It's just not possible. The physics/optics require it will be approximately the size of a Canon 300/2.8.

9. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Stephen I have to disagree, take a look at the Nikon 300 mm f4 PFLens which I used to own, very small and excellent quality, if Nikon can do it then I'm sure Fujifilm are equally able to make such a lens for the X series of cameras. I suspect that their concentration on the new GFX system!

10. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Apparently my FX16 mm is out for delivery. :bravo-009:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    0910 a knock on the door and I was handed a parcel! Which contained a brand new sparkly Fujinon 16 mm, f1.4 lens.

16mm.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    My usual Pelagonium test subject which at least does not move very fast, heavily cropped!

pela.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BobbyT

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    You can a lot closer to that subject with the 16mm for a good test.

14. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Thanks Bobby I'm sure you can, give me time. :th_salute:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    Hi Mike, an f/4 lens and an f/2.8 lens are completely different animals. An f/4 lens is a LOT smaller than an f/2 lens. I used to own the Canon 300/4 and I own the Canon 300/2.8, and the size difference is considerable, the 2.8 front element is approximately 42% larger than the f/4 lens in diameter. It's just optics; there is no getting around the math.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  16. Mike G

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Stephen, in fact I was not asking for a f 2.8 lens but I'm guilty of not making myself clear, my apologies. An f 4 lens to keep the size down to a handholdable size, if a 200 mm is considered then maybe an f 2 could be squeezed in, maybe! But all this is a bit moot because Fuji have not indicated they are interested in making such a lens! I have to say that I had the Nikon 300mm f4 PF lens in mind and must have lost the gist of what you were saying, sorry.

17. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Steven is correct, of course, though I wish he magically weren't. Having big enough glass to let in f2 light forces the lens to be much, much bigger than the same focal length at f4. This is one reason that I love the cheapo XC50-230. It's got tons of reach, is stabilized, is made of lightweigh plastic, and is TINY given what it will do. And the price I paid for all those good things is having f4.5-6.7 as my max apertures. So it doesn't come out unless the distances are big, and the light is bigger. If they made a 50-230 f2 version, it would be a good 25% longer, 25% fatter, and weigh a ton more.

18. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    Actually, back in end of last year or beginning of this year, a 200/2 was on Fuji's roadmap. It got pulled, and my guess is that it was to put those engineering resources onto the GFX lens project/roadmap.

With the advent of the X-T2, I am hoping that Fuji will realize the need for a big fast prime; a 200/2 would be the 35mm equivalent of a 300/2.8 with respect to reach and DOF.

19. Blythe

Blythe Guest

Personally, I never find 16mm wide enough, so I went for the 14mm and am very happy. I do find its a long way from 14mm to my next lens the 35mm so i guess at some point I might bite for a 23mm but I'll wait for the new R designated one which is cheaper, smaller and lighter

20. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    It's heeeeeere...