X-T1 Videorecording mode?

Discussion in 'Coffee with Rico Pfirstinger, Fuji X-Pert' started by litreb, Jan 28, 2014.

1. litreb

litreb New to FujiXspot

Jan 28, 2014
    Hi Rico,

can you please tell me a bit more about movie recording - do i have manual Controll for ISO, Aperture, Shutterspeed... - how long is maximum Recording Time - what kind of MOV Files do i get - can i controll the Recording Quality.

Thanks

litreb

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    It's exactly like in the X-E2. So nothing new to report on the video side.

3. litreb

litreb New to FujiXspot

Jan 28, 2014
    To bad - there is really not much what Fuji can learn from sony - but they should take a look at sony when it comes to implement Videofuctions into a fotocamera ;-)

Thanks for your answer

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Fuji isn't a video company, the don't have the proper codecs. Panasonic and Sony are simply better equipped in this department, they can use what's already there. Fuji would have to pay for licences and patens or invest in their own video development. That said, the next X mount camera will offer more video options.

5. romi.gilles

romi.gilles FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    and us sony users wished sony would step away from the horrid avchd. panasonic did with their, now, all-i. sony needs a higher bitrate uncompressed out or at least use xavc-s for their codec. hopefully the a7r mkii won't have as much moire and get a better codec. otherwise, i may just go for the 4k bmcc even though i don't want to go super 35 (just about). the gh4 is even smaller - i mean m43. ugh. if only i could afford a red epic dragon.. video and stills.

like the x-pro1 successor?

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

6. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Sounds like this camera would be next in line for a replacement.

7. romi.gilles

romi.gilles FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    :D

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)