X-T2-X-PRO2 VS SONY ALPHA'S

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by lino chetcuti, Jan 4, 2017.

1. lino chetcuti

lino chetcuti FujiXspot Regular

Apr 11, 2016
    I have to ask all members who own X-T2-X-PRO2 vs a sony alpha a7 OR A7II price wise fuji costs $1800 to $1900-sony $1500 to $1800 and you get full frame plus. please explain why I shouldn't buy sony!

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Because:

Fuji produces cameras.
    Sony produces game consoles.

Fuji has photography in their DNA.
    Sony has a photography line in their P&L.

Fuji listens to photographers.
    Sony maximises revenue from the photographic demographic.

Fuji releases a new version of firmware for their old cameras every few months, with subtle improvements, for free.
    Sony releases a new camera every few months with subtle improvements with a price hike.

Fuji makes pictures.
    Sony takes pictures.

Fuji has soul.
    Sony are a...sholes (try dealing with their service department).

...Shall I go on?

Seriously, in my humble opinion, there is no contest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SnapDawg

SnapDawg FujiXspot Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    behind an [X°]
    Ken
    Just buy whatever you need/want/prefer/... and don't forget to add some glass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Fuji has better lenses at much lower costs. And, you're comparing non current Sony bodies to the newest Fuji bodies on prices. Apples and oranges.

Full Frame lenses are bigger, heavier, and much more expensive. A huge draw to mirrorless is the reduction in weight, which you lose with full frame lenses. Also, if you can't say specific reasons why you need a full frame sensor, then you do not need a full frame sensor.

That said, get the tools you need for your work. Fuji isn't paying me to sell cameras. For me, Fuji does what I need extremely well with some of the best lenses on the planet. YMMV

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. lino chetcuti

Apr 11, 2016
    Thx Guys, for the info.

6. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    ^that. Without a lens, it won't take pictures. And if you haven't compared lens between the systems, then you haven't really begun to explore the question.

There is a common feeling among would-be buyers that if you can Just Get A Full Frame Sensor in that camera, that everything else will magically sort itself out for the better. That feeling sells a lot of cameras, but I have yet to see it make any great pictures. Use what you like, what feels good to you, what is laid out right, and what offers a better overall Experience (service, lenses, updates, size, weight, etc).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lino chetcuti

Apr 11, 2016
    yeah..other opinions that I just read http://petapixel.com/2016/04/04/sonys-full-frame-pro-mirrorless-fatal-mistake/heres a portion of his finale:If I were ever to buy another Sony body for my A mount lenses (like the amazing Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 and Minolta 300mm f/2.8) I would rather it be a new DSLT model, and will stick to Fuji for high-end compact mirrorless since when the lenses are as remarkable as Fuji’s there is negligible IQ difference over full frame.

8. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    I used to own a Sony A7. I used it a lot during the time I had it, and got a lot of great images. I was idling away a snowy morning, and going through my old A7 archives. I had forgotten how many images I got from that camera. I much prefer the Fuji menus, and my X-E1 has a more solid "feel" to it than my original A7, but I'll admit the temptation to pick up a used A7II has crossed my mind. It is supposedly much improved over the original.

9. rayvonn

rayvonn FujiXspot Regular

Jan 6, 2016
    Same sensor, so improvements would presumably be in relation to just handling.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1