X1 Pro in Aperture

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by donlaw, Feb 9, 2013.

1. donlaw

donlaw FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Texas
    Any member used Aperture with their X1Pro? I am seriously considering buying one, but it need to work well with my post processing on my mac system.
    Any rumors about RAW support from Apple?

Thanks
    Don

2. aquaCA

aquaCA FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 8, 2013
    CA, USA
    donlaw, Aperture does not support the X-Trans sensor yet, and they have not indicated they will in the future. I posted a discussion in the other group about the raw conversion for the new X20 and X100S as they will be equipped with X-trans sensors as well, http://xtogs.com/showthread.php?182-RAW-Processing-for-next-generation-of-the-X-Trans-sensorhttp://xtogs.com/showthread.php?182-RAW-Processing-for-next-generation-of-the-X-Trans-sensor

I have Aperture and Lightroom 4 but considering down the road move entirely to Capture One. Phase One is very responsive and their imaging software has been supporting non-Bayer sensors for a long time which should bring them some advantage as it concerns to the unconventional X-trans sensor. For now however, I use Silkypix 5 for raw conversion and produce tiff files that are imported into LR4. I'm afraid I gave up on Aperture... but the good news is that there are other options out there.

3. garylh

garylh FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    Yep aperture does not support xtran raw files... I am a user of aperture as well and hope one day they step to the plate. Currently I use jpg+jpg. Import everything into aperture using jpg as the main. Doing everything I need using the jpg file. If I decide that I need to process anything from raw to tiff16 for later re-import, I will use RPP or capture one In the future (saving money for it). This happens maybe < 5% of the time. The jpgs from the Fuji are amongst the best I have ever seen. They also manipulate very well..

There is also the trick of shooting b&w. the jpg will end up b&w and the imbedded jpg will also be the sme inside the raw file, but if u decide the color version is better, then u can use the oringal raw to process it in color or a better b&w from the color for that matter.

Hope that helps
    Gary

4. garylh

garylh FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    Opps raw+jpg not Jpg+jpg

5. donlaw

donlaw FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Texas
    @garylh Thanks for the ideas about work flow for raw+jpg!