X100 is my new companion

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by BAXTING, Aug 4, 2013.

1. BAXTING

BAXTING FujiXspot Regular

Jul 19, 2013
    Hello,

From the land of M43 and entry level DSLRs Ive picked up an X100 to replace my p&s after a small mishap. Ive only had it for day or two and I have really taken a liking to the camera.

This is going to be my daily carry camera while my m43 kit is a bit more specialized at this point. Id most recently fell in love with 35mm FL after trying all sorts of primes and zooms and settling on a few primes. So far I love the styling, ergos, ISO capabilities, and DR of the X100 system. Im not really a zoom shooter and I enjoy zone focusing when out shooting so this camera suits me very well for now.

Cheers!

One of my 1st shots below

View attachment 14930
    skyboy by BAXTING, on Flickr

2. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    Ha ha, me too! No mishap though I just moved into a Fuji.

Welcome fellow mu-43'er!

3. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    It is nice to see that the X100 is still alive and kicking with new users. I guess they also will enjoy the upcoming firmware update. I have heard of a 20% AF improvement, whatever that will practically mean.

4. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    It means the X100 is still worlds slower than my mu-43 kit, lol -- but that's not the most important thing about a camera. I really enjoy the X100's handling and the images it produces. It's the only camera I own that I shoot almost exclusively in jpg.

5. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    Welcome to the forum and although I've just sold my X100 today I happily acknowledge it is a thing of beauty. Enjoy yours.

6. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Welcome to the forum. The X100 while not perfect is still a game changer.

Gary

7. BAXTING

BAXTING FujiXspot Regular

Jul 19, 2013
    I have always liked my women a little rough around the edges. I have no doubt in capable hands the X100 will shine. Now off to find someone with capable hands. :cool:

8. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    my hands are far from capable, but I still managed some shots that make me smile. Enjoy your new companion.

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Glad to have you and your X100 aboard BAXTING - and I do very much like that photograph you've posted!