X100 ND Filter Problem

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Justin, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Justin

Justin FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 5, 2013
    UK, South West
    For anyone planning to hike out to a backwoods waterfall for that classic soft water shot using the built-in Neutral Density Filter, I would suggest testing it at home first. I recently turned my ND filter on (in the Shooting Menu) for the first time "in the field" and was surprised to see that all the shots were very over-exposed and unusable. The exposure was being increased by about 3 stops, but I could only conclude that the filter itself was not moving into place, as exposure was fine again with ND turned off. The happy ending to the story is that Fuji UK repaired and returned my camera to me within a week of my initial phone call, including sending me a post-paid return box, and free of any charge (under warranty). The lens was replaced. This is an excellent and reassuring level of service. I have no idea whether anyone else has had this problem, but thought flagging it up here might save someone a critical lost shot of a lifetime!

2. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    sorry to hear of your bad luck. The built-in ND filter has been one of my fave aspects of the X100 and has never let me down.