X100 Review

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by demiro, Mar 30, 2013.

1. demiro

demiro FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    PA-USA
    Dean
    Yeah, I'm late to the party as a new X100 owner. What can I say, I waited until the X100s drove the price down a bit, then rationalized that the X100 was a 35mm equivalent cost savings vs buying the Zeiss 24/1.8 I was considering for my NEX...

A lot has been written about the X100 already, and I'm certain I lack the perspicacity and eloquence to add much to the discourse. So my review is simply: Now that's a bleeping camera!

I've had the X10 for a while, and always found it a joy to use. But the X100 just kicks it up a notch. I can't stop smiling. :cloud-9-039: And while I know I can find lists of "niggles" about this camera that are as long as my arm, I'm not so worried about that right now. Nor am I worried about the upgrade bug to the 100s, though based on what I've read so far about that camera I imagine it will be coming at me hard and fast. Just going to enjoy the X100 for now. Will post some pics tomorrow of an X-rated Easter celebration. :eek:

2. nippa

nippa FujiXspot Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    Enjoy the X100 it's one of the nicest cameras to use.

It took me a while to realise that the lens is only at it's best from F5.6-F11.
    F4 and F16 are fine but F2 is very soft as are all Macro shots with apertures wider than F8.

Some say it's sharp at F2 so I guess it depends on what you want but the Bayer sensor and colours are terrific.

Personally I don't see the XTrans sensor IQ as an advantage in the new X100s ( speaking as I struggle with my new X20 and it's propensity to underexpose and smear shadows !)