X100 settings for punchier JPEGs

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Steven, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Steven

Steven New to FujiXspot

Feb 9, 2013
    I've been using X100 on default Provia settings and find the results a little lacking in impact. I find I usually end up adding some clarity in Lightroom. Could someone share their Jpeg settings that result in more striking contrasty JPEG files? I read somewhere else that Velvia mode is not recommended because it crushes blacks too much. Is that the general consensus?
    Thank you :)

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Astia is punchier.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk New to FujiXspot

Apr 3, 2014
    I've been playing around with the following settings: Astia, DR200, color mid, sharpness m-hard, highlight std, shadow m-soft, noise reduction m-low.
    Seems to work pretty well, but I haven't gotten enough shots in with the X100 to really make a final judgement.

I shoot raw+jpeg so I can go back and "redevelop" with other settings if I want to try something else.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chipbutty

chipbutty FujiXspot Regular

Aug 3, 2013
    Sheffield, UK
    As long as you have the X100 set to also soot Raw, Raw+JPEG in your case, you can use the camera's Raw converter to render any number of JPEGs after the event to see what you prefer. A great feature of X cameras.

Have a look at Rico's excellent article. Apologies if you already know all this!

• Like Like x 1
  5. RFPhotog

RFPhotog FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Oshawa, ON Canada
    Robert Fisher
    Velvia. Doesn't get much punchier than that. If you're shooting RAW and using Adobe products for RAW conversion, you can always switch between profiles.