X100f digital teleconverter work with TCL-X100?

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Graeme, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Graeme

Graeme New to FujiXspot

Feb 14, 2017
    Graeme Parker
    Hi, anyone know if the X100f's digital teleconverter works in conjunction with the TCL-X100 teleconverter lens? If yes any idea what equivalent focal lengths can be achieved?

Many thanks.

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Welcome Graeme.

Oh yes... Fuji X100F: First impressions on the streets of London

By my reckoning (see the comments below the article) with TCL-X100 Mk 1 or Mk2 attached (they are optically identical; Mk 2 have magnets that communicate with the X100F body to say which lens is attached) you will get 50-75-112.5mm with, and 35, 50, 75 without. Please note that you can't use the digital teleconverter when shooting raw.

3. Graeme

Graeme New to FujiXspot

Feb 14, 2017
    Graeme Parker
    That's fantastic, thank you. And as I'll mainly be shooting for screen I get some extra crop-factor too thanks to the 24MP sensor :-D

4. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Welcome. My main use is travel, so a usable teleconverter can only be a bonus. Don't forget the WCL either; combine either with the digital teleconverter and you have a really flexible and compact setup.

X100T with WCL and TCL.

5. Graeme

Graeme New to FujiXspot

Feb 14, 2017
    Graeme Parker
    Exactly what I'm planning :)

6. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    They should be in the dealer's hands this week. I'm planning to take mine to Naples at the end of March for a "shakedown cruise" :cool:

7. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    And that's the deal breaker – and also why I haven't been able to use the digital teleconverter. The function doesn't present itself in my X100F, because I'd never select JPEG-only mode.