Another walk with my dog and GRD3

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
Here are a few more from my favorite agricultural preserve - just a few miles down the road from my town. I've done ZILLIONS of shots on these walks, but they look a little different every time, depending on season, light, what camera I brought, how I processed them, etc, etc, etc. You've all probably seen these same scenes any number of times already - this is how it looked to me yesterday. And another reminder of what a fine little camera the GRD3 is when there's a reasonable amount of light available (not that it's BAD in low light, but its pretty wonderful in good light).

-Ray

View attachment 48472

View attachment 48473

View attachment 48474

View attachment 48475

View attachment 48476

And another from another day, another walk, in a totally different place, (same dog though!), but it fits well enough - oh, and this one is from the X10...

View attachment 48477

Ray, really nice shots! I notice a lot more grain in the photo from the X10; is that a processing thing? Not saying it's bad at all; just noticeably different.

I've always enjoyed seeing your photos of this area, Ray, whether they're in color or black and white. I'd love to be able to walk there, too.

What a gorgeous day!

Ray, really nice shots! I notice a lot more grain in the photo from the X10; is that a processing thing? Not saying it's bad at all; just noticeably different.

You're right, there is. It was a processing decision, not grain inherent in the file, but then it might have been something about the file that made me want to add the grain... They are different cameras for sure.

I'm finding I'm using the X10 much like I used the LX5 - ie, not much! I have other cameras that do each specialty thing the X10 does a bit better. But the X10 is such a good all-around camera and is the perfect travel camera when you want to travel light, which I often want to do. So now I just have to avoid making the same mistake I made with the LX5, which was to sell it because I didn't use it enough. I regretted it soon thereafter and then went out and bought the X10 before our next short trip that I wanted to travel light for...

-Ray

Back