X100s: Change in Expected Availability at B&H

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by crsnydertx, Mar 22, 2013.

1. crsnydertx

crsnydertx FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Until yesterday, B&H continually showed expected availability as March 22, 2013.

Today - March 22 - the website no longer shows any date at all. With B&H going on hiatus for 9 days commencing Monday, the wait obviously will be extended.

Oh, well....reality sets in.

2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    Some folks over on DPR indicated they'd gotten shipping notices from B&H and Adorama, so I'd guess they got a shipment in and are shipping it out before their holiday closings. But that further shipments in and out will be after the holiday. But some number if them seem to have made it through.

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  3. crsnydertx

Feb 4, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Ray, that's good news. At least the flow has started, even if it's a trickle.

4. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I believe the March 22, 2013 expected availability date was just that - the date the camera was expected to become available (as in its expected 'release' date in the U.S.) Now that the camera has started shipping I wouldn't expect to see any hard dates with regard to expected availability - just that its currently unavailable or on backorder.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just got off a chat myself with B&H they apparently got some and shipped what they could, but had no further knowledge of when the next batch was coming or where on the wait list I was. :(

6. FlyDog

FlyDog FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 5, 2013
    Tolland, CT
    Bob G
    To start from what Ray wrote and indulge in some wild, barely informed speculation (for which Ray bears no responsibility!) :

Fujifilm anticipated the B&H and Adorama closures for Passover. They're two of the biggest, best liked photo stores in the country. Maybe the first 2 waves of cameras were scheduled with that in mind. Fuji distributed as big a supply of X100s's and X20s to their US dealers this week as they could and under this scenario will resupply after Passover.

Of course talk is cheap and I could easily be proven wrong if other stores are supplied with Fujis and shipping while B&H and Adorama are off. :confused:

Bob G

• Like Like x 1
  7. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    I called B&H yesterday morning and was told my camera was shipping that morning.Sure enough, I got a confirmation email at 8:30 am that my camera had shipped and would arrive on Tuesday.I had paid for three day shipping.I ordered it on the first day of announcement, January 7th.

8. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just curious, when did you place your order?

9. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    Note the text in bold below:

10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Chuck, could it be that you are expecting? A nice new X100s?

11. crsnydertx

Feb 4, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    BB, hi! Yes, I'm on B&H's waitlist somewhere....:D I keep thinking I'm going to cancel the order before it ships, but then the rave reviews keep rolling in...

12. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    I only ordered mine after Zack started previewing his review a few weeks ago. I wish I had an idea if I should let the order stand or keep looking elsewhere. Will anyone at B&H tell you where you stand on a waiting list?

13. crsnydertx

Feb 4, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I just checked my B&H order status, not expecting anything to happen until after they re-open on April 3rd. This is what it says:

"In stock, order sent to warehouse."

That does sound encouraging, doesn't it? We'll see....

14. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    Sounds a lot more promising than what I see (On Order - Pending).

15. EpicStageFright

EpicStageFright New to FujiXspot

May 15, 2013
    I have been waiting for the past few weeks for another batch to fill the back orders, B&H along with every other retailer has this status. Does anybody have any information as to when another batch will go out and which retailer will get it?

16. taz98spin

taz98spin FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    TAZ
    I too am on B&H's backorder list.. However, Amazon informed me that I would receive my x100s latest by the 28th of this month!

Hopefully, B&H will get there's earlier!!

17. EpicStageFright

May 15, 2013
    When did you get on the list? I contacted Fujifilm and was told they shipped a larger amount to B&H last week, I was then told by B&H that all went to back orders... :rolleyes:

18. taz98spin

Feb 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    TAZ
    I ordered from Amazon on April 24th. B&H on May 2nd.

19. EpicStageFright

May 15, 2013
    Oh my... B&H must have some list...

20. taz98spin

Feb 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    TAZ
    Got this email 2 hours ago..:(

Dear -------------

You placed order #--------- on 05/02/13.

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
    yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
    inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
    questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

B&H Photo-Video