Pocket Camcorder(s)

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
Which one you recommend? Why?

Who's got one?

How about to add a Pocket camcorder item to systems, or do you believe that Pocket Camcorders aren't serious enough?

Are you aware of "serious and friendly" Pocket Camcorder forum(s)?

Thanks in advance for (any) replies which are highly I appreciated by me.

My LX5 is my pocket camcorder although I haven't used it for video much yet, but I went with the LX5 for its video first, stills second. It does video as good as, if not better than some of the camcorders these days.

What kind of footage were you looking to record?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm looking forward to a small and affordable pocket camcorder to have with me all day. Giving me the opportunity to record every day''s life. Bloy your life. Which one is good doing so, Kodak (Playsport), Pan, Sony, JVC, Samsung etc...

I haven't really looked at the consumer camcorder market because in terms of video recording or video filmmaking, stills cameras are where it's at these days, particularly the DSLRs. So I don't really know which camcorders are the best in today's current market.

Instead of a camcorder, I chose the Panasonic LX5 stills compact camera because it has fast lens f/2.0, it records HD 720p, and it also records at 24/25p. The images produced by the LX5 are pretty good and comparable if not better than a lot of the camcorders out there today.

The only reason I'd go with a camcorder these days is probably to get the full HD 1080p experience. But I would still recommend keeping in mind those features I mentioned above (ie. fast lens, HD recording, 16:9 aspect ratio, 24/25p).

The only other thing to watch out for is sound. All camcorders do not record good sound but for most consumers it's not really a problem. Would it be a problem for you?

Back