X100s in black

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Iansky, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    After quite a long time away from this site due to laziness on my part and not using the X100 as often as I should, circumstances changed!

I had spoken to one of our local camera stores where I purchased my EM1 from and voiced an interest in the black X100s, 2 days later they called me to say they had received one in from Fuji and it was priced the same as the silver version.

I immediately paid a deposit and collected the camera last weekend - STUNNING is the best way I can describe its looks and the changes both internal and external have made a positive difference to the handling and results.

I consider myself incredibly lucky to have got hold of one of the fist black ones in the area and thank London Camera Exchange for a fantastic service, added advantage is that the camera comes with an offer of a free case for it which is the new Fuji case with opening flap underneath so sent off the form and receipt and now await delivery, alas, the lens shade and adaptor are not yet available in black from Fuji so I have ordered 3rd party variants (I have also ordered the Lensmate Thumbs Up grip after trying one and loving it).

I have yet to post some of my images on here but for interested parties they can be viewed on my blog at the link below:

http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Great to be back on here after what seems like an eternity away!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    Nice to have you back Ian.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Bill,

Apologies to all those who knew me from previous visits........I still love and respect you all:rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. cherrywood

cherrywood FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Ohio
    Ian, I have always enjoyed your images on mu43, especially your landscape photos. Hope you enjoy your new fuji and will be looking forward to seeing what you can do with the fuji on your landscape images.

Good to have you here.
    Dennis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Dennis,

I will try not to dissapoint :rolleyes:

6. Johnytuono

Johnytuono New to FujiXspot

Feb 11, 2014
    Hi Ian
    I'm a new member on here but do remember you from the m 4/3 forum where you posted some excellent 'street' shots. I too just got hold of a black x100s a few days ago and can't wait to start using it!
    Just had a look at your blog and love the field shot with the soft focus effect...the others are obviously good and pin sharp!
    JohnyT

7. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Johny,

I look forward to seeing your images and hope you get as much enjoyment from your camera as I do from mine.

Glad you like the blog.

8. jimmy1

jimmy1 FujiXspot Regular

Jan 27, 2014
    hi Ian,

Which 3rd party lens hood did you get? does the paint match the camera? i want to get one, but not sure when Fuji will have them in stock.

Also, how do you find the thumb grip? i'm a bit nervous about getting one in case it ruins the hotshoe!

Finally - did your case arrive from fuji and if so did they send a black or brown one? just sent off my forms...

How are you getting on with the camera? i love it, my poor em5 feels very left out at the moment!

9. Johnytuono

Johnytuono New to FujiXspot

Feb 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Hi Jimmy,

I ordered the lens adaptor/shade from Camera republic via Amazon, the cost was £8.95! so a real steal - it is in black and metal and matches pretty well until I can source the Fuji version (alas not yet available in UK).

I also went with the Lensmate "Thumbs Up" which after reading many reviews would appear to be one of the best available (value for money) and does not require use of a grub screw etc so in no way damages hot shoe, it fits securely and has pads to prevent rubbing - it adds a new and much better dimension to holding the camera safely and in a steady fashion so a very worthwhile investment ( a colleague has a UK sourced grub screw version but the thumb rest is too close to the hot shoe so not as good as the lensmate (made in USA).

The case did come from Fuji and is a darker brown than the one I had with my X100 (alas the black version is not available in UK - the brown does have that vintage look that adds to the character of the camera though).

I am certainly enjoying the camera and find it has better and faster handling characteristics than the old X100 (gone to a friend) and I especially like the "Q" menu, better EVF and speed of AF - very happy and away to the coast next week for a few days off so will give it a run and see how it behaves under pressure.

Hope you get as much satisfaction from yours as I do from my current and past X100 beasts!!

11. jimmy1

jimmy1 FujiXspot Regular

Jan 27, 2014
    Cool will order the lens hood & thumb grip!

Really love the camera, so much fun to use and the image quality is superb. Wasn't sure I would like the 35mm fov but used to it now and it's perfect.