X100S shipments heading to Canada...

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by afkenner, Mar 19, 2013.

1. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
  2. Ramirez

Ramirez FujiXspot Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Sounds great :) even though I'm not a Canadian. But this means that the Fuji factory is at work!

3. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
  4. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Do the large retailers such a B&H, Adorama and Amazon tend to get preferential treatment and receive their shipments before smaller local retailers? I would assume so simply based on the volume they do, but have read elsewhere that this is not the case. I have a pre-order through Amazon (made March 7th so it certainly won't be in the first shipments), but also though my local shop which had 6 cameras on order and only 2 other pre-orders when I placed mine. Initially my local shop told me they expected the cameras in at the end of March, but later when I placed my order they said early- to mid-April.

5. drewbot

drewbot FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Toronto
    From my experience last year with the OM-D E-M5, that wasn't the case.

I had a pre-order with Henry's in Canada back in March and it took one month for them to get me my camera.

Conversely, I simply walked into a local dealer (not a Henry's) and picked up one unreserved the first week of sales.

• Like Like x 1
  6. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    My local Fuji dealer claims that Canada's shipments are ahead of the US because it's a different distributor.

7. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have a recent pre-order for a x100s at B&H. I wish I had an idea where in the queue I am, if I can expect it will arrive early next week or if I'm not in the initial shipment.