x100s+wcl+tcl or xe2/xt1

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by weeowee, May 17, 2014.

1. weeowee

weeowee FujiXspot Rookie

May 17, 2014
    hi guys, im new here and i have the omd em5(panny 20mm, 60mm and 40-150mm) along with a black x100s, I just wanted to ask your opinion, what's better, keep the omd for the zooms and fast autofocus and macro lens and then buy the tcl and maybe the wcl for a small prime kit with my x100s. or sell them both and buy the xe2 or the xt1 and 1-2 lenses. I usually shoot anything and it's just a hobby for me.

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I'd go for the X100S with 2 adapters, then I'd watch Photokina very closely.

• Like Like x 3
  3. tomrock

tomrock FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 23, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Tom Rockwell
    This isn't the first time you've mentioned Photokina but that doesn't happen until September. Can I buy a clue?

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Nope. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Ah Photokina crumbs! I'm glad to know we have something to look forward to!

6. EgillBjarki

EgillBjarki FujiXspot Regular

Nov 4, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Egill Bjarki
    I am guessing there might be popping up a X200 :) Regardless, X100s is a fantastic camera. I am really considering that TCL...

Best regards,
    Egill Bjarki (via iPad)
    http://www.egillbjarki.com

7. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    TCL and WCL would also be compatible with an upcoming new X100 line camera, so there's no reason to hold back. Fuji would never have offered the TCL in May if it wasn't compatible with a next-gen X100. Customers would be furious.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tomrock

tomrock FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 23, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Tom Rockwell
    That almost sounds like a clue :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. kwaphoto

kwaphoto FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 3, 2013
    There may or may not be an X200 at the next event. Either way, the 100s is a great camera! I've had the same question about the 2 converters. I recently committed to doing this and updating my X100 with the S model for other reasons as well. Selling my X-E1 and lenses. For tele work >50mm, it's usually in good light and faster action. I can use my Sony RX10 24-200mm f/2.8 1" sensor for that, with decent light, it's great. That leaves me the X100s + converters (28, 35 native & 50) as my high IQ setup and the stock X100s as my daily camera :) I've had and loved my X100 since Nov 2011....it's simply the BEST camera I've ever owned. Period.

• Like Like x 1