x20 grey market - anybody?

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by speedandstyle, Nov 21, 2013.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle FujiXspot Regular

I was surfing ebay and noticed a Honk Kong seller who has the X20 listed at $466{free shipping}. I have been wanting an X20 since they came out and been waiting for the price to come down but it hasn't. I can swing this price but not sure about dealing with a grey market camera. The seller has a good rating with the few negatives I read being mostly ahole buyers rather than seller mistakes and none were issues with the products themselves.

Has anybody in the USA bought a grey market X20? I understand that Fuji America will not handle any warranty work unless it is a USA item. Can anybody direct me to a similar price for the X20 in the USA?

Thanks!

2. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Lowest price for new X20's that I've seen in the US is $550. I've seen used ones in the $400's.

3. demiro

demiro FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    PA-USA
    Dean
    • Like Like x 1
  4. phil62

phil62 FujiXspot Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    Or maybe Fuji Refurbished? Not sure what the policy is in the US but Fuji UK sells refurbished X series with a 12 month warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. juangrande

juangrande FujiXspot Regular

I've bought a few items from HK/JP and have had no issues. Usually they will honor warranties although you will pay for shipping back. Read their warranty and return policy.

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle FujiXspot Regular

The price is great BUT I really want a silver and black one. One of the reasons I think this camera is so cool is that it brings back fond memories of my old Argus C rangefinder. The black one although functionally the same just doesn't do it for me. I know it shouldn't be about how it looks but...

7. migs

migs FujiXspot Regular

Mar 26, 2013
    i recently bought a silver & black but really wanted an all black. perhaps we could do an even swap?