X20 Low Light Test

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by Jimbo70, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    OK, that's pretty damn good. JPEGS, so you have to assume some amount of inevitable NR, but handled well, and I tend to shoot my Fuji's in jpeg anyway. These appear to be on par with the RX100 - easily useable through 3200, semi-usable even at 6400. Combined with the faster lens and having a better (to ME) camera attached to the sensor, this would become an easy call for me if I wanted a compact to do everything. I should get to check one out soon - now I'm starting to really look forward to it...

-Ray

2. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    At 2048 pixels, iso 3200 does look usable for those particular shooting conditions. Not sure how it will hold up at full 12mp though. Not that I ever print that many full size photos anyway!!

Darn ... maybe I shouldn't have canceled my BH pre-order!!

3. nippa

nippa FujiXspot Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    Ray I've just gone into a cupboard and shot a wine bottle with my X10 at ISO3200 1/13th sec large resolution.
    Looks much the same to me - perhaps slightly less processing on the X10.

Too many cameras in recent years have failed to match the IQ of their predecessors....the Leica X2 , Lumix LX5 and the Sony A55 to name just 3.
    All received good reviews from the usual suspects at the time and I bought in good faith only to be disappointed.

The X20 looks like a wonderful compact and the improvement in the OVF is really welcome but I'm not seeing any compelling reason to upgrade...yet!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    They look good. I usually shoot raw + LF jpeg and give my raw to tiff less noise reduction than just about anyone's in camera jpeg engine, but these are very encouraging.

I sold my X10 and am already missing it, so the X20 is on my short list of things to get.