X20-the trusty companion?

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by fredhilger, Feb 10, 2013.

1. fredhilger

fredhilger FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Steinsel (Luxembourg)
    Hello everybody,
    I own a Canon G1x which I bought last year (immediatly after I purchased a Canon G12 which was very disapointing in low light, so I gave it back after a few days). I am very interrested to know how the Fiji x20 with the new sensor can compete versus the Canon G1x in low light conditions.
    Also it would be challenging to compare both cameras for street photography, I think the incredible fast lens of the Fuji x20 will offer more opportunities to "catch the right moment", the Canon G1x can be very slow in AF. Also the Fuji is probably better with his in-camera black/white modus.
    How about the handling on a daily basis, the menu, the pocketable issues, battery life,.....?
    As a graphic designer I work a lot with photos (provided from clients or shot by myself) and in my free time (travel, family, documentation,...). I started years ago with an Olympus E-10, Canon 10D, Leica, ricoh Grd (my favourite so far) and I am still looking for a trusty companion on my quest for the "moment to catch".
    Will it be the Fuji x20?

Thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts
    Best
    Fred

2. Thinh L.

Thinh L. FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 9, 2013
    If you want improved low-light performance you might want to look at the Olympus E-PL5 or E-PM2 with a small fast prime since they do share the same sensor as the OM-D.

The X20's smaller X-Trans sensor is new, so while we could speculate on it's performance, we won't know for sure until it comes out.

3. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy FujiXspot Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Well I've taken the plunge and ordered an X-20 in silver, now I just have to wait about 3 weeks to get it....!!