X70 in Brighton

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Iansky, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    These are some of the images that I took with the X70 when we were on a short break in Brighton last week.
    It is an amazing little camera that exceeded all my expectations.

Brighton 5. Brighton 10. Brighton 17. Brighton 20. Brighton 22. Brighton 23. Brighton 32. Brighton 36. Brighton 40. Brighton 45.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spode

Spode FujiXspot Regular

Aug 12, 2016
    Ateesh
    Nice pics. I like the last one best. Have you noticed (from an operational perspective) that below 1/60 sec, the GR seemed steadier than the X70? For some reason, I get less keepers with the X70 when I shoot any slower (as in too much motion blur). Maybe it has to do with the weight, the fact that ideally you need to use it with both hands, et al. Or maybe I need to set my max ISO at 3200, currently at 1600 as was my wont with the GR.

3. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Hi Ateesh, I have auto ISO set at max 3200 and min shutter speed 1/60 so I avoid risk of camera movement / focus issues. being a heavier camera than the GR I am conscious that it needs a steadier hand and single handed shooting is now only a last resort (the GR was a great single handed shooting machine) however, the tactile easy to see settings, tilt screen and IQ more than make up for these differences and I have no regret in exchanging the GR for the X70.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lazydog1

Lazydog1 FujiXspot Regular

Dec 22, 2015
    David Lazzarich
    Love the later pics with people in them. Certainly has consistent IQ throughout.

5. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks David, it delivers every time and is so small.