XF 16mm F1.4 R WR announced today

Discussion in 'Fuji X Series News and Rumors' started by kaito, Apr 16, 2015.

1. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Finally. I've got the money saved, but I'll probably have to wait til after our trip to Africa in a month, since they don't say when it will ship other than "May."

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  3. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    The lens is looking good. Question is 16/1.4 or 10-24/4 or 14/2.8?

4. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    For me, it's no question. I had the 14, and it was simultaneously too wide for my taste, AND often too slow indoors at night. Sharp as all get-out, though, just crazily tack-sharp. But faces get distorted anywhere near the corners. And the 10-24 is just too big and too slow for me. So the 16 is exactly what I'd want them to make if they had asked me. To each his own...

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. bartjeej

bartjeej FujiXspot Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    A while back this would've been my dream lens, but now I yearn for the drama of ultrawide (read: 12mm on FF). Still this lens is probably more all-round usable; 24 equivalent is still within the non-crazy range for most compositions, and that wide aperture opens up some real possibilities for wide angle shallow DOF shots, which I looooove. Also night skyshots should be awesome with this.

Still, if a compact 10mm f/2.8 were to be released for Fuji, I'd go for that in a heartbeat. The samyang 12/2 is also intriguing.

6. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    I'm glad to see this fast wide prime (wider than 28mm). Not too many in the mirrorless world. Fastest I can think of, prior to this Fuji, is the Oly 12/2.

7. landshark

landshark Fujiman

Feb 1, 2013
    SoCal
    Looking forward to this lens, put my preorder in today

8. Warwick

Warwick FujiXspot Rookie

Mar 11, 2014
    I'm planning to order this. Selling my 14 and 18 to have this as my main wide angle. My 23 will be my main 'all-purpose' lens and my 35 for when I want a bit more isolation of my subject. I'm holding onto my 56 for now, but if I find I don't use it much - and I don't at present - then that's going too.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  9. landshark

landshark Fujiman

Feb 1, 2013
    SoCal
    I do not know if my 18 is worth selling probably just put it along with one of my old Xpro1 in my camera display collection. At this point I am keeping my 14 because of it size, my 23 is ore shaky ground do to lack of use