Xf1 - does flash only work in some modes ?

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by Judderman62, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Judderman62

Judderman62 FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 22, 2013
    Hi peeps.

New to Fuji ownership with an xf1. Playing around with it today and pressing on right side of scroll wheel to access flash options but finding it only comes up in a few modes. Is it meant to be this way ?

Thanks

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    It obviously can't work in EXR DR mode. Other than that, I can't think of anything right (except silent mode), but it's very early in the morning, so.... ;)

3. yakky

yakky FujiXspot Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Also with high speed drive modes.

Fuji does some wacky lockout of features based on choices, so does Panasonic. Sony actually does a nice job of explaining why certain features aren't available on the Rx100.

4. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    I never understood why Fuji disables flash in film simulation bracketing since it takes a single exposure for that. I am speaking of the x-mount and x100/x100s here though.

5. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Yep. The tiny flash can't do multiple shots. Panorama and several scene modes are no-gos, too, but that's to be expected,

6. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Judderman... also keep an eye out for the shutter speeds the XF1 tends to select. It likes to go for longer exposures while keeping the ISO down - at least in EXR mode. You may find that, at least in some situations, shutter priority or manual may work a bit better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Judderman62

Judderman62 FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 22, 2013
    thanks all.

8. Semion

Semion FujiXspot Regular

Aug 11, 2014
    Does the new firmware 3.0 change silent mode behavior of X-T1 somehow? I want to turn off shutter sound and still keep the flash on. I realize, it is no issue in ES mode, however I am wondering if it is available in MS mode?