XT-1 Issues

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Tim Williams, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Tim Williams

Tim Williams Twilli53 Subscribing Member

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida, USA
    Tim Williams
    I went this morning to shoot some landscapes of one of my favorite prairies and when I would mount the camera on the tripod the LCD stopped responding as in not coming on. Menu button did not work, half shutter press did not work although if I pressed it fully it would take a photo but no screen view before or after even though screen view was set at 1.5 sec. If I removed it from the tripod things seemed normal.If I put it on the tripod and pointed it down it came on, but nothing if it was level or pointed up. Did a complete reset to no avail. Changed batteries three times, they all read full. Remounted the lens 18-55 twice, no go. I even tried sneaking up on the tripod and the LCD would go blank within inches of it, as soon as I moved it away it would miraculously come on. I must be doing something stupid for this to happen as it has been an extra stressful week at work but Wow, voodoo maybe . Any Ideas?

2. mikEm13

mikEm13 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    Did you check the setting on your View Mode button?

3. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida, USA
    Tim Williams
    Thanks Mike but I had to do a second complete system reset to get things back to normal. Anyway we shall see. I sold my D700 last week, so if this thing and I continue to fight I may run back to what I know. It would be a shame as I have the 16 and a 55-200 on the way. I might have messed it up as a custom button but it never did this until this morning missing a beautiful sunrise except for some hand held shots.

4. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida, USA
    Tim Williams
    Mike this button works wonderfully now. I'm now sure that I hit it and then stupidly went digging in the menu. Thanks again.

5. mikEm13

mikEm13 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    Happy its working ok now especially since you have two great lenses coming.

6. Rs6er

Rs6er FujiXspot Rookie

Jul 14, 2017
    I had a similar problem. I could only see the LCD when the button set it to LCD only. When I used the viewfinder sensor setting, I could see through theviewfinder, but when I moved away, the LCD would not go on. Reset fixed it.

• Like Like x 1