XT20

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by drd1135, Jan 10, 2017.

1. drd1135

drd1135 FujiXspot Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Some XT20 rumors:

Fujifilm X-T20 Specs Update. 2 Way Tilt-Touch Screen

I may be interested in this. I picked up a used XT10 and the 27 to see if I was ready to try Fuji again. I've been pleased with the XT10, especially the size, and the advances in processing Fuji RAW files. I have to decide if the 24 MP sensor, X-Processor Pro, and touchscreen will make the upgrade worthwhile. Unfortunately for my credit card I suspect they will.:rolleyes-24:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot All-Pro

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    I was looking at some of these early reports yesterday. Looks appealing, but I think the X-T1 profile is about the Goldilocks size for me. I had been planning to wait until the end of the year to get another camera, but I found a factory-refurbished X-T1 at a decent price, with warranty, so I sprung for that. I've gone back and forth between Olympus and Fuji, and while the E-M5 was an excellent little camera with great IQ, I prefer the Fuji UI, and I much prefer changing exposure settings via dials and aperture rings rather than the E-M5 method. I don't think I gave my first X-T1 its proper due, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with my tiny stash of legacy lenses. Those will have to do for a while, because my modest camera fund is now drained.

3. drd1135

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    For me, the XT10 is a better size. I'm doing the daily photo exercise over at Serious Compacts and the XT10 with the 27 fits in my coat pocket. I also like the control layout, although that would probably be true of the XT1 as well.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    I bought an X-T10 for a good price a little while ago.... just can't keep away from the Fujis..... only trouble is I have no native lens at the moment. I'm always looking for a used 35mm 1.4 but now I'm wondering if an updated body may be the better option. Still have the ZM50 and ZM25 to use with the adapter.

5. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    The X30 is my only camera capable of stowing in a coat pocket, and I considered using it for SIJ 17. I opted for the larger X-E1 + Rokkor 24mm combo. I have it with me most days, anyway. Both it and the X30 ride in a small sling bag. Never know when I might want to photograph something. ;)

6. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I liked the X-T10, and I like the X-T20 even better.

7. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Agreed. I always preferred the X-T10 over the X-T1. I just hope the X-T20 brings most of the autofocus advantages of the X-T2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Yep, "most" sounds pretty accurate.

9. drd1135

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I just saw in Fuji Rumors that the XT20 will have 4K:

Fujifilm X-T20 Will Shoot 4K Video

Not to be too much of curmudgeon, but I hope I won't be paying too much extra for a feature I will never use.:rolleyes:

10. drd1135

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The reported price will be 899 euros. Kind of talking to myself here. I'm coming to embrace the Fuji sensor with the XT10 in a way I just didn't with the X100S.

It isn't often I pre-order. :whistling:

11. gravija_flare

gravija_flare FujiXspot Regular

May 23, 2016
    A planet called Gaia
    with the x-t20 getting most of the significant hardware and/or features of the x-t2, i'm probably in the minority still hoping that fuji will consider making an x-e3 with almost, if not the same features as the x-t20.. as they did with the x-t10 and x-e2/x-e2s.. ;)

12. drd1135

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    In the film days, the idea was to make a little profit on the bodies and a lot of profit off the lenses. With the short life cycles of the digital bodies, the spread was more even between the two. It does seem that the XT20 is getting a pile of nice new features (the AF was unexpected by me) and it would make sense to have an RF style body equivalent. Fuji also seems to be moving to a two-tier selection of lenses with a nice emerging F2 line to complement its more expensive faster, e.g. F1.4, offerings. I wonder if they are making an effort to expand their base.

13. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    My first interchangeable lens Fuji X was the X-E1. I currently have an X-E2 that I picked up secondhand as a backup body to my X-Pro2. I would go for an X-E3 in an instant...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Covey22

Covey22 FujiXspot Veteran

May 21, 2015
    Armando J. Heredia
    The XT-20 will probably be the big seller about a year from now at holiday shopping. Heck the XT-2 is hard to keep in stock now (at least N.American dealers), imagine what this camera will be like. Good news is my camera body checkbox is absolutely bolded and filled, so I will pass on this development. I need to resist getting more X-glass, but man, it's hard.

15. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    I won't be getting an XT20, although the black one looks especially sharp, and appears to be a well balanced camera. The X100F, however . . . I love shooting waterfalls, and I've been thinking about getting a 16mm/1.4 as soon as I can sock some $$$ away. But having once owned a black X100, the X100F looks very appealing. It is purely a visceral reaction and not at all logical for what I like to do in photography, but there it is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. drd1135

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I pre-ordered the black version. $899 is an acceptable price and the XT10 was at that price over the recent holidays. Bigger sensor, the XT2 AF system, better processor, and touch screen (sorry Bill) make this a great upgrade (IMHO). I've really come to like the XT10 while using it for Singles in January over on the SC forum and I've gotten used to working with Fuji files.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. drd1135

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I also just noticed that the XT20 is listed as weather and dust resistant.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Where did you see that? The Fujirumors report from 1/10/17 said no weather sealing.

19. drd1135

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    In the DPR summary. It's the last feature listed as you scroll down. Since the XT2 is listed as weather sealed, I suspect this is a lower level of protection :p:
    Fujifilm X-T20 arrives with new 24MP sensor and 4K video capture

Edit: Fuji has apologized for a misprint in their literature about weather resistantance in the XT20. I guess I'll have to keep all those baggies.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1