Yashica 50mm 1:1.17

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Suds344, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Suds344

Suds344 New to FujiXspot

Apr 9, 2015
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Sudhir Misra
    Hi All

New member on the forum, but been reading for a while. I'm one of those who ditched my SLR for an X-T1. It's been taking a while to adjust to this camera, I love the form factor. But was just not "bonding" with it. I got it with the 35mm f1.4 lens which is fantastic, however I just not a fan of the focussing system on the fuji. Maybe I'm not doing it right. But anyway, I have loads of old M42 lenses, which I used to use on my 7D. So I've bought an adaptor for the X-T1, focus peaking on manual focus with this old glass is a gamechanger. Here's a pic I took earlier today using the Yashica Yashinon-DS 50mm F1.7. Will load more pics as I take them and also some with my other lenses.
    _DSF3014.

Lens was at F2.8, ISO 320. Post Processing: VSCO-Portra 160 Alt+, Levels and Sharpening for web.

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Roger Evans

Roger Evans FujiXspot Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    South Wales
    Fabulous portrait well worth progressing with

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I agree that focusing manually with old glass is pretty great on the XT.

4. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Which manual focus mode is the most effective?

5. Suds344

Suds344 New to FujiXspot

Apr 9, 2015
    Sudhir Misra
    For me personally the focus peaking set on RED HIGH is a amazing, allows you to compose and focus simultaneously, whereas with the auto focus I found myself focusing then recomposing cause it takes too long to shift that green square with the buttons to where you want to focus.

6. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I use the little 100% crop over to the right that has red focus peaking in it, leaving the other big display showing the undoctored picture.

7. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    I guess with the small side magnified view, one doesn't need to use the big magnified view?

What about split prism?

8. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I tried the split prism, it's ok, but so far the setup I mentioned is my favorite. I'm sure I'll change my mind again.

9. marco67

marco67 FujiXspot Rookie

Jan 10, 2015
    just a question: does x-e2 have the possibility to show zoomed view on the side? or is only in xt1?

thanks,
    marco

10. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Only XT1.

11. marco67

marco67 FujiXspot Rookie

Jan 10, 2015
    Armanius, thanks for your answer!

12. Marius

Marius New to FujiXspot

Apr 1, 2015
    Florida
    Marius
    NICE!
    I LOVE shooting with legacy glass on my Fuji X-E2. Nothing like smooth, tactile, mechanically focused lenses. Much prefer it to the
    "fly by wire" Fuji lenses, though their quality is excellent, if somewhat "clinical".

• Like Like x 1
  13. Suds344

Suds344 New to FujiXspot

Apr 9, 2015
    Sudhir Misra
    I have to agree with you Marius, I honestly cant use the auto focus on the fuji. I have the 35mm fujinon lens and its great but just cant focus. Maybe the version 4 firmware will fix that but for now all my old lenses have a new lease on life and I'm loving the images they're creating.

14. Rdices

Rdices FujiXspot Regular

Jan 18, 2016
    I have two old yashica lens. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app