Your easy photo assignment today- take a pic of the x100s charger. (File under:

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Mitch, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yes, you read it correctly: Your easy photo assignment today- take a pic of the x100s charger. (File under: duh)

I rearranged my home (music studio) which also houses most of my cameras and either a part is missing, or I'm attempting to use the wrong charger for my x100s. It will light up the battery, but never charges. (BC-65). I read somewhere about people complaining about a plastic part, perhaps mine has gone missing. I assume that I can use a USB to slow charge the camera, or buy a cheap Chinese replacement that if it doesn't burst into flames, will do the trick. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mitch

• Like Like x 1
  2. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    There's no plastic part for the X100S charger to hold the battery in or anything like that. Do you own another Fuji cam like the X-E1 or X-Pro1 you might be using the charger from? It should be labeled BC-65N for the charger, and it has the power cable port/plug on the right hand side rather than the top or rear like the X-E1 charger.

image.

image (1).

3. dduval

dduval FujiXspot Regular

Oct 7, 2013
    Love the shadows and highlights! :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    the little piece at the top of jloden's picture #1 pops out. Does your look the same?

There is also an issue with legit charger and SOME aftermarket batteries (I think) where the charger will light up when the battery is inserted and the unit isn't even plugged in (!).....there may be other issues with the Fuji charger and other 3rd party batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Hah, I never knew that piece comes out!

6. chipbutty

chipbutty FujiXspot Regular

Aug 3, 2013
    Sheffield, UK
    Yes that's the bit people were having to glue in to prevent losing. Even the charger is immune to Fuji's quirks!

7. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    Thanks, that's what I have. Perhaps mine isn't working.