Fuji Gariz Half Case For X100

Photorx12

Regular
I recieved my Gariz case and have posted a few pics with explanations to help you decide if you like or don't like this as an option for you camera.

This what the case comes in...inside a pouch and a box with Gariz logo.
P1010499.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is the bottom metal plate with the access to the battery and SD card. There is a thread for attaching to the tripod. When you open the battery slot, it does it with ease without scraping to the metal part of the case.
P1010504.jpg

The metal loop you see I pulled out on purpose for you to notice. This is what you use to screw the camera to the case. This loop is also used to attach the clip of the leather strap (which is on its way from Korea) for easy access to take pics, they call it shotgun mode on their site I believe.
P1010507.jpg

Here is another look at the inside of the case which is composed of a velvet cloth type material to protect the camera which I personally love as added protection.
P1010503.jpg

Here are the pics of the camera on the case, all buttons are accessable including the focus buttons.
P1010508.jpg

P1010512.jpg

P1010511.jpg

P1010509.jpg

P1010528.jpg

In all I think this is a well built camera case with added features that other more expensive cases may lack. The leather feels smooth and the velvet interior will prevent damage as well. The thing I look forward to the most is when the leather begins to wear, there I truly believe is when it will look much better. Do i recommend this, yes.

Handling

Mine arrived yesterday too and I'm very happy with it. I bought from the mayisell link and delivery was quick.

What is the Gariz like to handle? Does it feel secure on the camera when gripping it? Does it feel more comfortable to hold the camera when the case is on?
Thanks.

Photorx12 - Thanks for posting the pictures. Very nice indeed. I ordered mine about a week ago directly from Gariz and still no order confirmation. Sadly, email inquiries go unanswered too. :( I guess I'll just wait it out and hope to find a case at the post office sometime soon. Again, thanks for the great photos.
. . . David

It's interesting that they chose the way they did to attach it to the camera body. The plus is the access to the battery, of course, and the tripod mount.

Fortunately (for my own sense of guilt), I don't feel badly since I got such a good price on my Fuji case but if I hadn't - I would have gone for this in a second from the looks of it.

I find the case very stable because of the metal base plate and its attachment via the tripod screw. It also allows battery/card access and includes another tripod mount. The leather is not highly textured but has enough grip - I would prefer a bit more texture though. All in all I'm happy with the stability.

What is the Gariz like to handle? Does it feel secure on the camera when gripping it? Does it feel more comfortable to hold the camera when the case is on?
Thanks.

I think that as the leather gets worn out the the texture will get better. As I stated before, this the part I am looking forward too.
This goes out to the mods.....I accidently bought an extra case, I would like to possibly give it away to a lucky person as a prize in a challenging photo contest. Maybe you guys can pm me and we can come up with some ideas.
I just want to support the generation of more photos on this site, just my little way of helping out.

That's very nice of you Photorx12!! How about we just give it to the winner of the Weekly Challenge for June 17-22? :rolleyes:

I think I'll order one of these cases soon!

BTW, any recommendations for a nice strap that looks like those Artisan straps, but does not cost as much?

That's very nice of you Photorx12!! How about we just give it to the winner of the Weekly Challenge for June 17-22? :rolleyes:

I think I'll order one of these cases soon!

BTW, any recommendations for a nice strap that looks like those Artisan straps, but does not cost as much?

I paid 25.00 for the Arnuvo strap, which is the one you see pictured. I bought it on EBay.

I think that as the leather gets worn out the the texture will get better. As I stated before, this the part I am looking forward too.
This goes out to the mods.....I accidently bought an extra case, I would like to possibly give it away to a lucky person as a prize in a challenging photo contest. Maybe you guys can pm me and we can come up with some ideas.
I just want to support the generation of more photos on this site, just my little way of helping out.

Photorx, this is very generous and thoughtful of you. Let me discuss it and get back to you. :2thumbs: We would have to make it some kind of Fuji X100 related prize, I'd think.

Thanks for the reply .. hope I'll be able to pick one up eventually, although Burkey's post (regarding having no contact from manufacturer) sounds a bit ominous ...

there are issues with contacting them. every time i sent them an email, it two about 2-3 days to get a response. I got the second case I had ordered today but they forgot to include the leather strap I purchased as well. I am ready to not hear from them for at least 3 days.

Yes, one week and no order confirmation even after a couple of cheerful but direct requests for some information. I think it is very likely there is a language barrier issue. I'm hoping to hear from them soon or find my case in at the Post Office.
. . . David

My Gariz case arrived yesterday afternoon where I work. Although the EMS package was supposed to be shipped to my home P.O. box it arrived with a shipping address that appears to be "cut n' paste" of my signature block from my work email. It must have come from an email I sent them enquiring about order confirmation. So, all is good on the case front. Very nice craftsmanship. I'll post a picture later but no real surprises, it looks like all the other Gariz cases other forum members have posted. The brown color does have a small bit of a reddish tinge. Nothing that bothers me at all. It goes well with the brown A&A strap. :)
. . . David

I find the case very stable because of the metal base plate and its attachment via the tripod screw. It also allows battery/card access and includes another tripod mount. The leather is not highly textured but has enough grip - I would prefer a bit more texture though. All in all I'm happy with the stability.

The more I think about it the better I like the sounds of this one. It's very well thought out.

Back