Zeiss Touit Lenses for Fuji X Mount

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Michel Fourkas, May 3, 2013.

1. Michel Fourkas

Michel Fourkas New to FujiXspot

Apr 22, 2013
    Hi,

I'm working in a photo store in Brussels @ PCH, and I got a surprise today. My distributor showed up and gave me the new Zeiss Touit lenses for 15 days to play with. Wow ! I'm more than happy as you can imagine. I asked to one of my coworkers to present them in a short video that I uploaded on Youtube. These lenses should be available around July. The prices will be 729€ for the 32mm and 999€ for the 12mmm.
    As you can imagine, the weather is always sunny when you are stuck in the shop, and grey and rainy on weekends, at least here in Belgium.

I made a few shots but there was no sun, but what I can say for sure it is that although I was skeptical about the need for a 32mm (having myself the XF35mm already) which is not as fast as the Fuji, but after taking a portrait shot wide open of an old lady, in bad light, I was amazed by the sharpness. Wow ! I tested also while making a walk with my dog now the 12mm and it is fantastic ! Both lenses are silky smooth and the colors and rendition are beautiful. I'm not an expert, it's just what I see on the rear LCD but, it looks promising.....The rings are smooth and the lens design is gorgeous.

For the video it's over here...

[video=youtube_share;LVdD0n5SRvo]http://youtu.be/LVdD0n5SRvo[/video]

2. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Welcome to the forum Michel!

And post some photos with the Zeiss lenses!! You are the man!!

How is the AF speed, accuracy, and sound of the new lenses compared to the 35/1.4 and 14/2.8? Does it have an AF motor similar to the 18-55? I turned up the volume for the video, and I heard some noises, but wasn't 100% sure if that was the noise of the AF movement, or something else.

July release eh ... any chance we will get a XPro2 by then? :)

Thanks!

3. Michel Fourkas

Apr 22, 2013
    Hi Armanius

I was working all day long and did not had the time to take pictures at the shop, and now it's too dark. i'll hope tomorrow will be ok and I'll try
    to post some pictures samples, but I'm no photographer, these won't be artistic :)
    the AF speed looks to me at least, similar to the Fujinon, but I might be wrong, I do not see a real difference, of course my XF 35 has the latest firmware.
    The Zeiss is less noisy, not by much, but also the movement back and forth is a bit smoother.

I'm also waiting a X-Pro2 ;-)

This picture of an old lady is wide open @ f1.8 in bad light in an office...
    Gigi crop. Gigi.

4. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Thanks for the photo Michel! Looking forward to more.

From the one photo, it looks pretty darn good!! Good detail, sharpness, color.

5. serhan

serhan FujiXspot Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    NYC
    Thanks for the post and sample. Welcome to the fujixspot. 32mm looks good. Any 12mm sample?

6. Michel Fourkas

Apr 22, 2013
    I have post some samples taken when I got home, when walking the dog I took some pictures, the weather was bad, sometimes the sun was hiding and some times it came out, I tried to use both lenses but the pictures are not
    interesting but at least I can share with you all. I'll try to do my best tomorrow.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome

Thanks for posting these, the lenses look amazing :clapping:

8. Michel Fourkas

Apr 22, 2013
  9. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
  10. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks Michel for the samples, although I have all but the 18 from Fuji, I would get these two from Zeiss in anticipation of the XPro2, in blind comparison on the XP1 to the XP2...i'm hoping these lenses shine brighter on the newer body.

11. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Very very nice! Thanks for the sample photos!

It may be just psychological (due to the Zeiss tag), but I like what I'm seeing from the 32/1.8 even more than thievery good 35/1.4!

Must buy for me if and when XPro2 is out!!

12. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    no hurry, then. :)

13. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Kill joy! I want a XP2 -- now!!

14. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Hi Michel, thanks for posting those. Perhaps I'm not seeing the obvious - is there a way to view the original size files of the facebook images?

I have the 18-55mm Fuji and it's so sharp, I haven't convinced myself to get the 35mm f1.4 Fuji. If the Zeiss 32mm is even better, I may have to start saving for it. :)

15. serhan

serhan FujiXspot Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    NYC
  16. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    The 12mm definitely looks more interesting to me than the 32mm, but that's most likely just because Fuji's 35mm is so good, even moreso when the price is considered.

17. pharaviel

pharaviel FujiXspot Regular

Apr 16, 2013
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    I believe almost everyone and its mom already has the 35mm by Fuji.
    I see more users getting the 12mm instead of the Fuji 14mm.

Sent from my LT26i using FujiXspot mobile app

18. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    You can never have too many 35mm/50mm lenses:)

19. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Ha! So true - I have 4 50mm (equiv) lenses myself and it would have 5 had I kept the X-E1 and the Fuji 35mm